Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANTI Holidays
Hello:

Just a note to all out there who find this time of year a blemish on human society. All the lonliness, depression, anxiety, fears, and isolation for whatever reason. You are NOT alone.
There are millions of us.

Ive never really been into holidays, but did them for my granny. But since she passed away, I couldnt care less about holidays. Yes, I love Halloween, but its really not a holiday (another "soapbox").

Have yourself an anti-holiday. Go to the movies, clean the house, go roller skating, go bowling, donate your time and efforts to those less fortunate.

Above all, give yourself a BIG hug.
Invasion

Since you love Halloween and don't care for Christmas I thought I'd share a couple of these with you just in case they do make you feel a bit better...

If you liked the above then you'll either love or hate this one, not sure:

ETA, Sorry, wrong one, but in case you like it I'll leave it:

HERE'S the one I figured you'd love (if you can like any Cryptkeeper Carols):

And now a song from my favorite Christmas movie:

One last song and I'll quit (this will make a lot more sense if you've ever reads some stories by HP Lovecraft):

I have never understood why America calls Christmas the 'Holiday season', or have to say 'happy holidays'.

A holiday is something I take in August.

It's Christmas, not a holiday, but a religious celebration.

So..

Happy Christmas Big Grin

Love thoese Crypt songs haha so festive Big Grin

Marc Wrote:I have never understood why America calls Christmas the 'Holiday season', or have to say 'happy holidays'.

A holiday is something I take in August.

It's Christmas, not a holiday, but a religious celebration.

So..

Happy Christmas Big Grin

technically , the word "holiday" originates from "holy day" , and so does have a religious meaning . obviously when you talk about "going on holiday" it doesn't have the same religious connotations , but there are lots of words that have more than one meaning ~

i say happy holidays because i like to include everybody . and don't personally celebrate christmas myself ~~ in fact , i didn't really know what christmas was until i was about eleven years old . so "happy holidays" makes way more sense for me to say ~

i think it's called "the holiday season" because there's also kwanzaa , hanukkah , diwali and various other holidays that are celebrated around the same time ~

Happy Holidays everyone! Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, New Years, etc. etc. The season for love and fellowship. Sorry if I'm too American but I love you all regardless and hope you have some peace, love and joy as opposed to any alternative! <3
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart