Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandonware
Hokay, so another question if I may ...

Are any of you (like me) trawlers of abandonware sites ?

For those of you (if any) that don't know what I'm talking about, when a game stops being produced, it can (depending on the producers and developers) be classed as "abandonware", which means it will generally become available for free download from one of a number of reputable sites that host abandonware titles ...

You can get many of the old classic titles like (unless I'm mistaken) Master of Orion, Star Wars Battle Chess and heaps of others from abandonware sites ...

All for the PC of course ...

Cheers !

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Ooookaaaaaaaay so I'm guessing abandonware isn't really your thing ... which is understandable really, considering many of you are too young to recall the original titles ever having been released :redface:.

MAN do I feel old ... *sniff* :frown:.

Heh ... kidding Confusedmile:.

Just thought I'd bump this baby up to see whether it generated any more interest :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I used to check out abandonware stuff. Many a gem could be found, although for whatever reason, I've not had a look in a few years.

Hey hey Bighug.

I think the trouble with most abandonware sites is that they're free to join and free to download from, with the end result being that nobody bothers to sponsor them ... therefore bandwidth is almost always an issue, and so speed is the price we pay ...

... but yeah !! ANYBODY reading this I would urge to visit an abandonware site at some point in their gaming life, and see if there are any old classics they want to relive the beauty of on their new, high-spec PC's :biggrin:.

I'm happy to post some links if anybody's interested ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

There is a site..it's called ABANDONIA(i think that's it's name..GOOGLE it & C!) on my PC i've got CARRIER COMMAND, MERCENARY(it has ALL of them on it!) & a CHOLO rework.

When I had dial-up I remember going through this abandonware addiction because most of the games were pretty small in size, free and good too!

Master of Orion and Transport Tycoon Deluxe (Although I've moved on to the open source version) were my favorites.