Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Rums' tastes
I was thinking of making a hot grog with dark rums, and I don't really know much about rums; I've only had Kraken dark rum before. Do you guys have any good recommendations on rums and what they taste like? (such as Bacardi and etc..)

Bacardi white rum is smooth great for mohitos ( you can even take out the mint leaves and it still tastes great), you can make mohitos with dark rum but those are mainly used for Coke and Rum or straight shots. It has a much more bolder taste that sticks out in most drinks.
Whats the drinking age in Canada?

Bundaberg Rum, or simply 'Bundy' as it is called, is the most popular in Australia, locally produced from locally grown sugar cane. It's a notch above Bacardi.

I used to also buy it when I was living in Japan so it is exported.

http://www.bundabergrum.com.au/Products

Well if you like dark sweet rum, may I recommend Lamb's Navy Rum,
or for a lesser, spicier rum Havana Club 7 year old rum. It's a bitter/sweet rum (Might be an acquired taste)

I am a rather huge fan of Captain Morgan. I think it tastes like Dr. Pepper.

spencer Wrote:I am a rather huge fan of Captain Morgan. I think it tastes like Dr. Pepper.
Try Peppermint schnapps with Dr Pepper Smile it still just tastes like Dr. Pepper

dfiant Wrote:Bundaberg Rum, or simply 'Bundy' as it is called, is the most popular in Australia, locally produced from locally grown sugar cane. It's a notch above Bacardi.

I used to also buy it when I was living in Japan so it is exported.

http://www.bundabergrum.com.au/Products

Exactly what I was thinking.
Very smooth drink , tastes really yummy and sneaks up on you.

Ken051 Wrote:Bacardi white rum is smooth great for mohitos ( you can even take out the mint leaves and it still tastes great), you can make mohitos with dark rum but those are mainly used for Coke and Rum or straight shots. It has a much more bolder taste that sticks out in most drinks.
Whats the drinking age in Canada?

Depends on the province, it's 19 in Ontario, which is the highest in the country.

Yeah, 19 is the legal drinking age in Ontario. Thanks for the recommendations though!

Rainbowmum Wrote:Very smooth drink , tastes really yummy and sneaks up on you.

Yeah, we've heard! :tongue: