Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About why being gay still needs further educating
This story, while being a little bit funny, shows the importance of educating people to behave appropriately where people's (perceived) sexuality is concerned, No harm was meant, we get it, but it was totally inappropriate flagging, indeed, whether the clients were straight or gay.
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/09/18/thi...guess-how/

OMG! REALLY????

To the two "gay guys"....

You have nothing better to do than to start an incident over some dumbassed thing a freeking moronic waiter did? REALLY???? Pull your heads out of your asses and get a life. Preferably a gay one, since your straight life seems to bother you so much you have to make a "big deal" out of it.

My question is...

WHY do these wait staff people write stuff on these receipts???? Out of ALL of the restaurants and bars I have been to so far in my life, NOT ONE OF THEM has ever written anything on any of my receipts....with the exception of "Thank You".

You've got to be a braindead freeking retard moron to be writing stuff on receipts like this.
I mean, REALLY? If you are going to do that, then print out ANOTHER receipt to give to the customer!!!

It isnt brain surgery here!!! Of course, then again, I guess you DO have to have a brain in order to use any common sense.

MisterTinkles Wrote:My question is...

WHY do these wait staff people write stuff on these receipts???? Out of ALL of the restaurants and bars I have been to so far in my life, NOT ONE OF THEM has ever written anything on any of my receipts....with the exception of "Thank You".

You've got to be a braindead freeking retard moron to be writing stuff on receipts like this.
I mean, REALLY? If you are going to do that, then print out ANOTHER receipt to give to the customer!!!

It isnt brain surgery here!!! Of course, then again, I guess you DO have to have a brain in order to use any common sense.

I think one common way of doing it is to just number the tables or the bar stools, that way you can't get your customers' bills wrong... why not just number?

MisterTinkles Wrote:My question is...

I'm afraid, Mrs Tinks (shortening of the name voluntary, lol), not everyone is a weathered barman. As it appears the person doing the bill and / or serving in that establishment was rather new in the job. Had no idea. Some don't get it.

MisterTinkles Wrote:OMG! REALLY????

To the two "gay guys"....

You have nothing better to do than to start an incident over some dumbassed thing a freeking moronic waiter did? REALLY???? Pull your heads out of your asses and get a life. Preferably a gay one, since your straight life seems to bother you so much you have to make a "big deal" out of it.

Actually the Pink News does go out of its way to find storylines like this one... I mean, storylines where something gay is included. And, I don't know that these two straight guys got it wrong for showing that the labelling on the bill was inappropriate, even if it wasn't meant with harm or slurring in mind. It was foolish, and it was an educational way of telling other people that it wasn't appropriate to prejudge people's sexuality (which has nothing to do with the business they were dealing with anyway). Maybe the two straight guys ordered appletinis??? haha. Confusedmiley-eating-icecr For once, maybe the two ''gay guys'' were on our side?

princealbertofb Wrote:Actually the Pink News does go out of its way to find storylines like this one... I mean, storylines where something gay is included. And, I don't know that these two straight guys got it wrong for showing that the labelling on the bill was inappropriate, even if it wasn't meant with harm or slurring in mind. It was foolish, and it was an educational way of telling other people that it wasn't appropriate to prejudge people's sexuality (which has nothing to do with the business they were dealing with anyway). Maybe the two straight guys ordered appletinis??? haha. Confusedmiley-eating-icecr For once, maybe the two ''gay guys'' were on our side?

I wasnt talking about the Pink News, I was talking about the guys who whined about this.
Now if "two fags" were written on the ticket, then I can see someone getting pissed. But just "gay guys"??? Your'e gonna waste everybody's time and make yourself look like a dick, as well as the place you went too? Really?

Just write the owner/corporate headquarters and tell them you are never going there again because they have morons working there.

Being "new" on the job doesnt mean you stop using any sense.
Well, apparently in this case it does.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I wasnt talking about the Pink News, I was talking about the guys who whined about this.
Now if "two fags" were written on the ticket, then I can see someone getting pissed. But just "gay guys"??? Your'e gonna waste everybody's time and make yourself look like a dick, as well as the place you went too? Really?

Just write the owner/corporate headquarters and tell them you are never going there again because they have morons working there.

Being "new" on the job doesnt mean you stop using any sense.
Well, apparently in this case it does.

If an employee is a moron, the customers had better whine about it, or that employee is going to keep being a moron. A written letter is much more likely to be ignored.

The fact is that an employer doesn't always know everything there is to know about a future employee... And obviously people can learn what to and what not to do on the job. It's called experience. The fact is, the comment on the ticket was inappropriate and was potentially hurtful to the customers, whether it was meant or not meant to hurt. What's wrong exactly with these two old school friends refuting that they were gay when all it was was the perception from the bar tender? Apparently it was not a gay bar either. Had it been, there probably wouldn't have been that mention on the ticket.
Let's just admit that the bartender made an error of judgement, but it shouldn't have been recorded on the bill. The bar owner apologised. The least the bar tender could have done was to do the same. Some people have no manners. Had he apologised, there might not even have been a story in Pink News...

davearoo Wrote:If an employee is a moron, the customers had better whine about it, or that employee is going to keep being a moron. A written letter is much more likely to be ignored.

As a business owner with employees who interface with clients every day, I take a written letter from a disgruntled customer much more seriously than a whining customer. I respond to all critical letters or email (thankfully few). I have low tolerance for whining, from clients or employees.