Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Achievements V Objectification on GS
It is a shame that in the 21st century when we have things like advanced medicine, plans to colonise Mars and the Candy Crush saga, some of us are still objectified rather than being appreciated for our achievements.

A few of us are tired of being lauded for our looks rather than our ability to analyse protein chains or play on our gaming systems for 12 hours solidly without even going to the toilet.

Phrases like 'You're so hot' or 'I'd give you one' from strangers without asking what the weather's like or who our favourite member of One Direction is beforehand just shows us that you have little interest in our personality or character.

Posting for a friend.

Posting for a friend???

Anonymously??????

GUYS!!!!

Look. There are good reasons to be able to post anonymously at times... THIS is not one of them.

FFS if you have something to say, say it. Put it out there. Let us deal with YOU as a person... not a sack.

I'm inclined to agree with Mike.

If this is a problem for you OP, how do you expect to get it solved or acknowledged if we don't know who you are.

I suppose anonymous is good for some confession, something that embarrasses you but feel you need to ask, not this.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Anonymous Wrote:It is a shame that in the 21st century when we have things like advanced medicine, plans to colonise Mars and the Candy Crush saga, some of us are still objectified rather than being appreciated for our achievements.

A few of us are tired of being lauded for our looks rather than our ability to analyse protein chains or play on our gaming systems for 12 hours solidly without even going to the toilet.

Phrases like 'You're so hot' or 'I'd give you one' from strangers without asking what the weather's like or who our favourite member of One Direction is beforehand just shows us that you have little interest in our personality or character.

Posting for a friend.

WOW i wish

No. I'm not taking the sack off because you'll just judge me on my looks. This is exactly what I'm on about. I shouldn't have to be seen to get my point across.

Instead of you'd politely asked 'What's your favourite Mexican dish?' then this may have led to a lovely conversation about quesadillas.

It's just such a shame.

Seen?

Who ever talked about seeing you?

We said: knowing who you are, aka, reading what you have posted, get an idea of who you are...that doesn't have anything to do with your face.

And, my friend, this self-esteem problem seems a personal thing rather than the community's problem. Just my 2 cents.

Have you been judged already? Or do you simply fear you will be?
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Anonymous Wrote:No. I'm not taking the sack off because you'll just judge me on my looks. This is exactly what I'm on about. I shouldn't have to be seen to get my point across.

Instead of you'd politely asked 'What's your favourite Mexican dish?' then this may have led to a lovely conversation about quesadillas.

It's just such a shame.

?????

First of all, I don't give a fuck what you look like.

Second, are we talking about something IRL or something that has happened here in this forum?

You--and your friend--are making a HUGE generalization.

Now, is it true? Well, duh! First impressions are based on looks primarily. Right?

Sure some guys only want to fuck. They only want to hook up. That's ALL they care about.

SO WHAT??

That isn't all of us.

So what's the beef here?

How is it we don't GET" the problem?

Who doesn't feel"Objectified" most of the time?

Insertnamehere Wrote:Seen?

Who ever talked about seeing you?

We said: knowing who you are, aka, reading what you have posted, get an idea of who you are...that doesn't have anything to do with your face.

You mean a character profile regardless of a picture, know who or what a person is based on their opinions and views and just generally who they are so you can give advice in the best way.

Noone understands me. I think I'm going to go watch Twilight. I wish I was in it at least they'd understand me.

Um....I think someone is playing troll with the anonymous feature....