Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affected... To Be or Not To Be!
Hi guys,

In this world there is a diverse group of people; all who have personalties that they are unapologetic about. They dress differently, look differently. Some at first glance, gets a second (but not for being attractive) for their shocking, and perhaps outrageous appearances. According to you, these are the people that could never be in your social circle. The question is, If one of them tried to approach you in attempt to talk to you, what would you do? Would you be rude and snub them, or would you take the diplomatic route and see what they are about... I mean really and honestly, what would you do? And would you be affected by your behaviour; meaning if you act rude would it dampen your spirit, or if you act kindly, does it lifts your spirit?

Thanks guys your comments are most appreciated.

I find people interesting and there is always something you can learn by chatting to people. I cant imagine that there would be any kind of person I would snub based on their appearance - well maybe if they were waving some kind of weapon in my face whilst making threats, then I might be less inclined to want to speak to them...

In my younger high school days I would have been in the “the different looking group”. I used to only shop at this military surplus shop called Atomic. I had a big dirty beard (still do) Mohawk, people used to call me Osama. I found when you “look differently” the initial reaction is whoa!! What’s wrong with this dude but once you talked to them an they realize that I wasn’t going to jump them an take there wallets they were cool.

An also I found people got used to my different look an stopped reacting to me, so I would try something different in order to get an reaction out of my friends, it got to where I showed up to school in a camouflaged one piece jumpsuit an no one at school even blinked. That was the moment the I grew out of that phase, I still have a lot of that military surplus stuff in my closet an will bust it out every now an then but it’s mostly jeans an superhero T-shirts now a days.

Generally speaking, if a random stranger engages me in conversation for no reason I end it as soon as politely possible, regardless of their attire.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

It isn't about attire as much as personality for me though often they go hand in hand. I love quirky, offbeat and unusual people. I remember back in 1978 when I got my first job at a gay bar it was on Polk Street in San Francisco and everyone was so colorful and unique and I loved it there...and maybe around 1980-81 I first became aware of the gay community on Castro Street and so I wanted to go there and the first time I did I was with a friend of mine and I swear I truly thought the pod people had landed...everyone looked exactly the same...YIKES! I didn't want whatever happened to all of them to happen to me ...how could so many people decide to look alike all at once? They even talked about the same things and it was really creepy for me. ...so yeah...I have always appreciated colorful people and I love to get to know them...it is one of the reasons I liked working in the nightclubs for so long.

As for dampening my spirit... I am usually rude to snobs so they will leave me alone....I have a hard time breathing around them and they usually dampen my spirit by their presence...I never feel bad after being rude to them. I also dont' care for people who are catty all the time or who ridicule other people for their appearance...they bore me to death so I avoid them.....also I am embarrassed for them ...not the people they are making fun of...

Well, I'm not really outgoing and I pretty much always show how I feel about someone even before I have even spoken to him (my first impression of smeone is always right and I make quite a first impression), so people rarely approach me just like that. I mean, come on, I'm scary... But if anyone does and it's not one of the people I totally despise, I'd shake their hand and be as nice as I can. And on the internet, when someone adds me and I don't know him, for example, I'm always kind and try to get to know him and stuff. But other people are never that nice. I'm not saying I'm an angel, it's just that I wish I could receive the treatment I give...
People in Bulgaria are really rude sometimes. Especially those who work in public places like bus drivers or people who sell stuff. That;s because they are not pleased with their salaries and they are like "meh another customer here's what you wanted now fuck off"..And that's what 80% of the people are..

I would give them a chance. I'll be fair to 'em. If they're cool and everything, perhaps I'll stay in touch with them. If I get to know 'em more and I exchange numbers with them... that's cool. If they're not gonna contact me or anything, I'll just forgot about 'em and then move on. I may feel bad after a while... though if the person was not really worth my time, I won't feel bad about it.

I´m want to give a answer. too ... but it is not easy because me and 5 online translators can´t translate the question usefull and complete.

Why I should snub someone only because he want´s to get in contact with me... social circle.. I think we are all in some different social circles... as long as nobody is attacking me, threatened or insulted me... why i should reject him/ her. I think we have to watch as much about not falling into an arrogant attitude. And only because somebody has a other Lifestyle or has a different look... I see no reason to reject him. Where would you set your borders ... only because someone have 5 pimples more than the other ? *g
And with my own experiences it can be very interesting to get in contact with people with a complete other living adjustment. What both need is only respect .. and it will be a good thing.

i can speak as one of the shocking looking people lol. i used to have a mohawk on and off for most of my life, ive found that if i would need info from a stranger i.e directions or help in a store then the best people to ask were people around pensioner ages - they were never really suprised by my appearance and always polite and helpfull, alot of males from teens to late 30's i guess usually thought u were coming over to pick a fight wich was quite funny to observe untill i spoke with manners then they relax a bit - ive had people walk into lamposts etc while staring at me which amuses my friends more than me as i dont usually notice them staring as u get immune to it - i used to hate store detectives following me though, if i loose them in a store ive often shouted to them to keep up, apparently dressing diferent means ur also a theif in their eyes,

I like meeting new people from all walks of life, I'm very laid back and out-going, I don't care what people wear or how they look.Confusedmile:

Thats the same with us Ben.RolleyesCool:redface:Confusedmile:Wink