Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ageism
Jovial Wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure how she arrived at that, she was trying to cheer me up for my "quarterly life crisis" :p

Oh no... Quarterly life crisis... I'm due for one soon. ):

*hides*

Ooooh, here's a cow: Cowsleep

HEHEHEH! Big Grin

It's easy to judge (unfairly) based on just a few experiences. As one of the seniors here, I can say that I have not been attracted to many men or women my age or older. It's not really an issue of age, but fitness and attitude. I am very physically active and quick to laugh. I want that in my partner, as well.

I don't use the apps anymore, but I did make use of grindr and scruff for a while. When I did, I always got hit's from guys in their 20's. I never initiated contact with anyone that much younger, but I was happy to reply Smile. So I thankfully don't know this ageism of which you speak.

I've recently started dating a woman my age for the first time in years. She is a 49 year old surfer babe, very fit, and very fun. Vive la difference!

I have always gotten along with people a lot older than me, and rarely with anyone of my own age group when I was younger. I think thats why I like "daddies" so much.

The gay culture itself is "in your face" hypocrisy. Although, to tell the truth now, when I go to the clubs....I see lots more older people than young ones. So, who knows. Maybe they all have a different hang out nowdays.

southbiochem Wrote:Not sure it's only the LGBT world..

but yes, people seem in general oftly concerned about age...and in both extremes..

the young ones obsessed with way older dudes..the older ones obsessed with way younger dudes..I donpt really know where this comes from..

I've often considered (if that ever happens) dating within my own age range...when ever that age is..

more than 5 years of difference either way seems weird, but that's just me I guess

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaa

Sob sob sob

Waaaahaaaaahaaaaaa CryCryCryCryCryCry

Older, whatever age, but never younger like 18 or 20...

Well. I'm aware of the stereotype that gay people are somehow more shallow than straight people and without arguing as to whether this is true or not, I might just add that it sometimes FEELS like it's true.

To be fair though, like the creator of the thread said, a lot of people remain attractive for a very long time. If you take reasonable care of yourself there's no reason why you wouldn't be appealing, even to younger guys, throughout your 40's or maybe even 50's. I always imagined that once you've reached that point you've come to the realization since long ago that physical appearance isn't as vital as younger guys think and that there are other more important virtues.

You make a point of using examples of older people you've known in your life that were still beautiful, sexy or however you chose to describe them. I would like this thread a lot more if it opposed ageism on the basis that it's shallow and stupid rather than the basis that "hey, people can remain hot longer than you think!"

I think lots of old people don't get the youth -.- it bugs me quite a bit...
I think old people expect special privileges for being old.
I think there a more that enough crusty old people.
I wouldn't date an guy who's very much older than me.
Old people are just don't get enough of a fuck for the youth to give much of a fuck about them
I think this thread is trying to make me PC. Old people also smell gross. 4 old people came to work today... They smelt funny.
Just IMO all this BTW.

Time is contagious...

At 30 like im getting on in gay years... :p

I used to just go for older guys, who i considered someone to look after me but now age isnt important to me so much as a guy can be a man at 25... i want someone to grow old with at the same time, who grew up in the same era. Thats how im feeling sometimes.

Yes, older men can be cute and hot, however I rather pay attention to young ones.

I think you have to separate who you are attracted to age wise, this in its self does not suggest ageism, and after all you can’t help what floats your boat. However it is no excuse for then being ageist both to either younger or older, in terms of how you treat people. Gay people can seem to be more ageist, but then that might be because there are less of us and maybe that is magnified more because of that.