Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aliens in our atmosphere?
If this really is true (I have no idea if it is but the sources are reliable), shouldn't this be considered the most spectacular scientific discovery ever?

It is life and the scientists assure us that it could not have come from Earth.

Shouldn't we all be raving about it?

This guy swears they do exist:

Edgar Mitchell, respected scientist, former astronaut and the sixth man to walk on the moon.

It's not a scientific discovery yet. The person explaining their find even says that its only one particle that seems to suggest that it is coming from space.

Until its had further reviews, and other scientists manage to reproduce the results, it is not yet truly credible.

It is life and one group of scientists basing their results on a single particle say its true. This is not rave worthy yet.

It hold interesting implications though. What I dont understand is why no other scientists have yet tried to replicate the experiment. It could just be because its a recent endeavor

Hold on let me get the tin foil.... ...Okay, go!

Sorry I HAD to make that joke.

[Image: tumblr_ltp9cvNVEH1qhciij.jpg]

Not saying I believe or not, BUT

^^^ that's pretty interesting, someone of such position (minister of defense) saying aliens exist Big Grin.

Thought I would add my tinfoil covered clip hehe.

MisterLove Wrote:If this really is true (I have no idea if it is but the sources are reliable), shouldn't this be considered the most spectacular scientific discovery ever?

Very interesting, thanks.

MisterLove Wrote:If this really is true (I have no idea if it is but the sources are reliable), shouldn't this be considered the most spectacular scientific discovery ever?

OMG!!!!

I dont see HOW these crackpot "scientists" get away with these "discoveries" which are OLD theories and discoveries from long ago!!!

Before "cable" TV......before The Discovery Channel......there was (and still is) the PBS stations, who air all these kinds of documentaries, discoveries, and theories. I used to watch a lot of Carl Sagan, and he even mentioned this at one point.

One of which (documentaries/theories), was alien organisms that were able to make it through space....whether on the hull of a returning satellite, space ship, comet, or space debris coming through the atmosphere on this planet.

Stephen King rips off lesser known authors, nobody cares.
Lady Gaga rips off Madonna and Cyndi Lauper, nobody cares.
Now scientists are ripping off their predecessors!!! Sickening.
Its nothing but a world of plagiarists!!!!!

And for you "proofers"............

From Wikipedia--

The first known mention of the term was in the writings of the 5th century BC Greek philosopher Anaxagoras. Panspermia began to assume a more scientific form through the proposals of Jöns Jacob Berzelius (1834), Hermann E. Richter (1865), Kelvin (1871), Hermann von Helmholtz (1879) and finally reaching the level of a detailed hypothesis through the efforts of the Swedish chemist Svante Arrhenius (1903).

Sir Fred Hoyle (1915–2001) and Chandra Wickramasinghe (born 1939) were influential proponents of panspermia. In 1974 they proposed the hypothesis that some dust in interstellar space was largely organic (containing carbon), which Wickramasinghe later proved to be correct. Hoyle and Wickramasinghe further contended that life forms continue to enter the Earth's atmosphere, and may be responsible for epidemic outbreaks, new diseases, and the genetic novelty necessary for macroevolution.

In a presentation on April 7, 2009, physicist Stephen Hawking stated his opinion about what humans may find when venturing into space, such as the possibility of alien life through the theory of panspermia.

Panspermia (Greek: πανσπερμία from πᾶς/πᾶν (pas/pan) "all" and σπέρμα (sperma) "seed") is the hypothesis that life exists throughout the Universe, distributed by meteoroids, asteroids, comets and planetoids.

every single atom in our bodies comes from outer space...most likely than not from the nearest dead star..

we are by definiton, aliens..

just saying

southbiochem Wrote:every single atom in our bodies comes from outer space...most likely than not from the nearest dead star..

we are by definiton, aliens..

just saying

Not exactly. An alien would be a species who EVOLVED somewhere other than our planet. Every atom of our bodies, including our evolutionary ancestors, came to life here on Earth.

I just love being a technical bitch sometimes.