Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All I want for Christmas
i dont want much, just....a katana the newest xbox360 model, some money, armored tank, medusa model 47, alien ware laptop, led tv, honda crv, a small share in some gold stocks, immortality, a hippopotamus, some more money, ham radio set, my own star, free meals for life at olive garden, and some more money. like i said i dont want to much:biggrin:

ivorybenz Wrote:theres so much I could ask for but maybe someone to love me? is that too selfish to ask for? I think not... Sad

I wish the same now if we can find that love

I already have someone who loves me.
So I wish he will love the gift I selected (top quality cashmere)
He always insists on paying for eveverthing I really want him to be pleased.

Genersis Wrote:Aww, that's really sweet.:biggrin:

Well...I have to admit it wasn't sweetness that drove me to it but it IS something I have always done myself anyway and seemed like a great solution to avoid getting anymore gifts...I really mean it when I say I don't want gifts:biggrin: and trying to tell people that is rather difficult because they dont' want to hear it....

Many years ago I was absolutely enthralled with the very charming Martin Yan who had a show called Yan Can Cook and I watched every episode...bought the books.,..bought his special wok and tools....actually learned to cook Chinese fairly well...and my well meaning friends and family thought it would be nice to buy me woks...and tools...and...(all the stuff I already bought)...so I actually got 5 woks which would have maybe been OK if they were from Martin but they weren't...and I had to be gracious and thank everyone and try to find a cupboard to shove them all in and figure out an appropriate amount of time I had to hold on to them before I gave them away...when I told people not to waste their money I really meant it:biggrin:

...and then when I bartended and got "surprises" it took a toll on me because it is really hard for me to not say what I really think and I equally didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so getting gifts I didn't want became a nightmare as I had to negotiate between saying what I really thought and not hurting someone's feelings...

....oh gee..thanks for the Mickey Mouse Underwear...please dont make me put them on:eek:...hence my solution..:biggrin:.

all that i want is for my family to be happy. and for this anxiety to go away. its been anxiety attacks everyday for the last week and a half. Cry

Besides boasting that I have true love this holiday season.
It is my sincere Christmas wish, that the rest of you also find that special someone.
Believe me if I can clumsily stumble on to true love, there's lots of hope for the rest of you.
There are great guys out there who are: kind, handsome, and possess inner beauty.

wakeboarder Wrote:all that i want is for my family to be happy. and for this anxiety to go away. its been anxiety attacks everyday for the last week and a half. Cry

Chin up and be happy today for tomorrow is not here yet.

East Wrote:Well...I have to admit it wasn't sweetness that drove me to it but it IS something I have always done myself anyway and seemed like a great solution to avoid getting anymore gifts...I really mean it when I say I don't want gifts:biggrin: and trying to tell people that is rather difficult because they dont' want to hear it....

Many years ago I was absolutely enthralled with the very charming Martin Yan who had a show called Yan Can Cook and I watched every episode...bought the books.,..bought his special wok and tools....actually learned to cook Chinese fairly well...and my well meaning friends and family thought it would be nice to buy me woks...and tools...and...(all the stuff I already bought)...so I actually got 5 woks which would have maybe been OK if they were from Martin but they weren't...and I had to be gracious and thank everyone and try to find a cupboard to shove them all in and figure out an appropriate amount of time I had to hold on to them before I gave them away...when I told people not to waste their money I really meant it:biggrin:

...and then when I bartended and got "surprises" it took a toll on me because it is really hard for me to not say what I really think and I equally didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so getting gifts I didn't want became a nightmare as I had to negotiate between saying what I really thought and not hurting someone's feelings...

....oh gee..thanks for the Mickey Mouse Underwear...please dont make me put them on:eek:...hence my solution..:biggrin:.

I think I understand where you are coming from I may not have receive 5 of one thing but I do remember when I was young and on Christmas I actually got tired of opening presents but cause my adoptive parents thought that they could buy my love with gifts even though they never wanted to adopt a son. Needless to say with the abuse along with it we are no longer a family or talk to each other. So I guess that's one reason now you all know why I'm so lonely in this world.

dlboy53 Wrote:I think I understand where you are coming from I may not have receive 5 of one thing but I do remember when I was young and on Christmas I actually got tired of opening presents but cause my adoptive parents thought that they could buy my love with gifts even though they never wanted to adopt a son. Needless to say with the abuse along with it we are no longer a family or talk to each other. So I guess that's one reason now you all know why I'm so lonely in this world.

....I hear you...I divorced my family and did not talk to them due to abuse as well so my wish for you is to find someone who will love and respect you.....Bighug

Have you ever tried to resolve this and come to terms with it and heal yourself? The reason I say this...when you have parents like that you might attract a relationship that has similar dynamics and of course you never see it until it is much too late. I came to realize at one point whenever I had a huge immediate crush on someone after awhile I would try to figure out if it was my mom or dad...or both:eek: I got pretty good at identifying them (and avoiding them) but I sure wish someone had told me before I had to figure it out the hard way...I might have saved myself some time.

Tried to resolve it twice but I don't see myself falling for the like of them in someone.