Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Fooling Myself?
Hello, FeminineGuy, and Welcome to GaySpeak. This is surely the right place to talk about your quandary. It looks as if you might make a better "wife" than some wives, except that you can't gestate and deliver a baby. lol. Those facts set apart, it's not the activities you enjoy doing that will tell you your orientation, it's more who you can see yourself with in a romance, or in a living relationship. If you have no special aversion to the idea of being with a man in a romantic relationship, why not give it a try?

It could also be that you've been dating the wrong type of women, but only you can know that. Have you ever questioned whether you were dating women only to conform with what society or your family and friends expect of you, or whether you date them because you really like their company, and what they provide on a sexual / intimacy/ romantic level?

Your own question seems to point to the fact that you've been afraid of exploring another side of yourself. Time to own up to it and experience. Be prepared to find relationships with men also sometimes frustrating, unless you get lucky and meet the right person straight away. Give it a try. Give your psyche a chance to find out. Good luck. Bighug

Kumawool Wrote:Basically if your penis becomes hard when you fantasize about ONLY men, you're gay.
Basically if your penis becomes hard when you fantasize about men AND women, you're bi.
Basically if your penis becomes hard when you fantasize about ONLY women, you're straight.

Simples.

...This is probably the most abruptly blunt post I've ever made.

You'd think so but actually it's not all that easy.

Thanks guys. To your question, I think it's more I'm afraid to be who I am because my parents always weren't the open minded people in the world.

feminineguy1985 Wrote:Thanks guys. To your question, I think it's more I'm afraid to be who I am because my parents always weren't the open minded people in the world.

If you are 27 it's time to live your life for yourself, your parents have their own lives to deal with. Let them leave you to live your own. They will come around, if you can let them know.

Thanks. I know. It's just a mental thing in a way. I know I'm free of them. My mind doesn't.

feminineguy1985 Wrote:Thanks. I know. It's just a mental thing in a way. I know I'm free of them. My mind doesn't.

i definitely understand that ~
i've only just really started changing and recovering from things that started because of my dad . you can any age and maybe even fairly happy , but sometimes you're still gonna be stuck living by your parents' rules ... even when they're not in your life anymore

Excatly. But I'm sure now that I know the truth, even though in a way I already did, it will take time, but I'll get over it and finally be who I am.

feminineguy1985 Wrote:Excatly. But I'm sure now that I know the truth, even though in a way I already did, it will take time, but I'll get over it and finally be who I am.

good luck ~

i would really encourage you to date a few guys. Be honest up front with the date and strive to have a good time.

Define your self as gay if you can better easier be in a relationship with the same sex. This includes the whole package, like it would for a hetero relationship: the sex, the rent payment, the children.

there is no one word that will describe your sexuality. sexuality is very individual, like eye color or the color of your hair. If you use definitions given to you its almost a certain setup for fail. Give it some thought before you wind up with a wife and two children in a none functional family. Your biggest investment is really your wife and or husband.

No reason why your parents should have debs in to who sleeps in your bed. its your bed and they are not invited.

i really like cars, tools and home skillz. My partner on the other hand is more into classical music, fashion and the Tony Awards. We complete a house hold better because we are opposite in many ways but have the same deal breakers.

Thank you for the advice.