Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Horror Story
My only complaint so far, was Edward Mordrak's accent. It was AWFUL and absolutely ruined all of his dialogue for me!
Other than that I LOVE this season!
~Beaux

A couple things this week....

The bad news...I noticed a bit of a crack in the writing this week ...not too bad...the sequence with the museum exhibit...didn't quite figure that out....

Was that supposed to be his imagination? Are they doing alternate universe (I hope not)

The good news...LOVE the gay twist...well...part of it anyway. That was a GRUESOME murder.

Jessica Lange and Frances Conroy are on a freakin' roll....I know who they are gonna cast now if they ever want to do a remake of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane. They keep getting better and better...wow!

I am really enjoying this show. I like all the developing plot twists that come about.

DAMN DAMN DAMN.....

Well...Ryan Murphy is part genius...he casts a show better than anyone and the talent is off the charts....amazing,.....

..but he has a glaring achilles heel...and that is the writing. It is bad...there are some brilliant moments....but it is so uneven...it happens in all of his stuff.

The same thing happened on LOST....

I hope his ego will allow him to correct his flaw because he is too good not to get it perfect....he has everything else in place....

I realize it is TV and he doesn't have the luxury of time on his hands so maybe that is part of the problem but I think he can hire better writers.....maybe the writers for Carnivale or Six Feet Under or ROME are available? maybe?

What are your favorite characters from this season?

Dandy, Dot and Ethel for me.

My favorite character is Elsa

[Image: ahs-freak-show-01-1.jpg?w=510]

...and Ma Petite

[Image: ahs-freak-show-403-07.jpg?w=432]

...and Ethel

[Image: ahs-freak-show-02.jpg?w=514]

This reminds me...I missed last week. I have it on Amazon Prime....

Just caught up before tonight's episode.

I have to say, I like season 1 and 2. Don't like 3, but so far I think Freak Show is the strongest. There is so much good stuff going on and a lot of crazy shit that seems to be building.

I really like most of the freaks to be honest, some are better than others but when it comes to being a "freak" and their Back stories. My favorites are definitely Elsa, Bearded Woman, although technically not in the group, I loved Twisty The Clown.

Now for a spoiler section, so those who aren't caught up and including episode 7, don't read.

I love the character building of Strong Man and how him being homosexual revealed more about his partners with the show not explicitly telling you. Each of the partners he had, had a "manly" part to them. Well not so much with the 3 Titted woman, which is why we see him angrily attack the Doctor. It just helps show how much he is fighting and trying to hide his sexuality. The other freaks would just see him sticking with his kind, but it is really because he is trying to find a "woman" he is attracted to keep himself hidden.

The scene where Lobster Boy reveals that he knew Strong Man was his Father was a really good one.

When Stanley was imagining killing Ma Petite, that scene actually disturbed me. When Strong Man did it.. it disturbed me almost as much. Hearing her squealing was just, ugh.

I thought one of the interesting things that happened in episode 7 involved Paul was how the girl he was falling in love with gets transformed into a freak. You go back to where Paul revealed his story and said he was to scared to get his face tattooed. When the father has his daughter transformed, the only part she had tattooed was her face. Thought that was a nice touch.

The Rich Boy turning into a killer after Twisty was killed. Then him killing the hustler Strong Man fell in love with.. I really cannot wait to see Strong Man finding out and what he does to him.

MakeDigitalLove Wrote:Just caught up before tonight's episode.

I have to say, I like season 1 and 2. Don't like 3, but so far I think Freak Show is the strongest. There is so much good stuff going on and a lot of crazy shit that seems to be building.

I really like most of the freaks to be honest, some are better than others but when it comes to being a "freak" and their Back stories. My favorites are definitely Elsa, Bearded Woman, although technically not in the group, I loved Twisty The Clown.

Now for a spoiler section, so those who aren't caught up and including episode 7, don't read.

I love the character building of Strong Man and how him being homosexual revealed more about his partners with the show not explicitly telling you. Each of the partners he had, had a "manly" part to them. Well not so much with the 3 Titted woman, which is why we see him angrily attack the Doctor. It just helps show how much he is fighting and trying to hide his sexuality. The other freaks would just see him sticking with his kind, but it is really because he is trying to find a "woman" he is attracted to keep himself hidden.

The scene where Lobster Boy reveals that he knew Strong Man was his Father was a really good one.

When Stanley was imagining killing Ma Petite, that scene actually disturbed me. When Strong Man did it.. it disturbed me almost as much. Hearing her squealing was just, ugh.

I thought one of the interesting things that happened in episode 7 involved Paul was how the girl he was falling in love with gets transformed into a freak. You go back to where Paul revealed his story and said he was to scared to get his face tattooed. When the father has his daughter transformed, the only part she had tattooed was her face. Thought that was a nice touch.

The Rich Boy turning into a killer after Twisty was killed. Then him killing the hustler Strong Man fell in love with.. I really cannot wait to see Strong Man finding out and what he does to him.

I agree with you about season 1, 2 and 3 and though the jury is still out on this one I think it is strongest in many ways...certainly the characters are more compelling. The writing this past week was back on track .....I was hoping it would be.

I love how the twins took control with Elsa but it doesn't look like it will end well for them...I guess a twist would be Elsa in one of those jars....

It was sad about Ma Petite and I did NOT want her to leave so early...damnit....I hope she appears in the next installment..

GREAT OBSERVATION about Paul and his girl...so glad you brought that up because now it takes on a whole new dimension....

I am wondering how strong Strong Man really is now? That one tall girl beat him up pretty bad....

I am especially curious how they will handle his sexuality as the rest of the season unfolds. It doesn't look good for him now...if that one guy can blackmail him he could end up killing all the rest of them which kinda makes him worse than Shifty or even Rich Boy. Michael Chiklis is a great actor...hope he sticks around for season 5.

I was thinking about this cast and how they must all do their best in order to grab the spotlight and not let someone else outshine them. For instance...Angela Bassett....she rocks it and pretty much steals the scene in most everything she does but alongside Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates it is much harder to do....

Last year they swept the Emmys...I suspect they will have a good year at the Golden Globes again soon.....

Well...Bates and Lange both got another Golden Globe nomination...and they both deserve it...

..but I have finally decided that there is a permanent problem with the writing...or maybe editing....the continuity of the show is so uneven....

I will still watch on the strength of the actors and maybe that will have to be enough...but the story and editing are weak....I really wish they weren't...so much potential wasted YET AGAIN....

He has all the right parts but for some reason it just doesn't all come together.....I felt the same about his other show Glee.