Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An urgent matter
me and my dad just got done watching this video, it's about the finacial crisis that we are experiencing now.

It is an hour long, but very informative and very detailed. For everyone who comes across this thread, i think you need to take a look at this. I would post the video itself but it will only let me post the link from the site...

Everything Thats said in this video is spot on, and some of you may disagree, and for some this may even be offensive.

I may be 16, but im not ignorant of these types oof things as i may seem.

here is the link: http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/10...PSIM800/PR

Well, you don't seem ignorant at all, I don't know why you'd even mention that.

I watched the whole thing, and they want you to buy something. He's clearly not worried about others otherwise he wouldn't be so secretive throughout his video.

In my opinion: It's a scam.

I started reading alot more business magazines and blogs during the past 4 years as the housing crisis emerged to better educate myself on financial matters and I think that this guy is right on the money concerning the dollar and making the economic situation clear to people who dont' understand. He is, of course, speaking as an investment counselor so his motivation is as an investment counselor...but this is one of those cases where you dont want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

yeah true, thats the one thing i dont really like is that you have to buy something to get the so called secrets to being prepared, but yes he really is on the money, i looked the guy up earlier, and looked online for a little bit, and everything he says is the radical truth. I personally believe the guy, but still it would be better if he could just tell us how, but of course thats never gonna happen

Paul1 Wrote:I watched the whole thing, and they want you to buy something. He's clearly not worried about others otherwise he wouldn't be so secretive throughout his video.

In my opinion: It's a scam.

Right first time.

This is Porter Stansbury who was fined $1.5m last year by the SEC for his fraudulent activities. He also writes for WorldNetDaily, a well known source of apocolyptic bollox.

There's a reason this sounds like an hour-long timeshare pitch.

This is one of the very typical manipulating speech. Many things he brought up is fact. But sometimes that fact does not associate with the cause (For example, the sold of ice cream increases during the summer. The number of crime in district X also increases during the summer. So yah, ice cream makes people want to commit crime? ).

He spent like almost 10 minutes just to talk about himself or why people should listen to him instead of informing. That already makes the purpose of an informative speech fail lol.
If you want to hear some financial advice then check out this lady: Suze Orman

I watched a bit of that Suze Orman link, she seems quite sensible; pay down your mortgage, be carefull with your money. Nothing about martial law or tanks on the streets.

I think that orange tan might get to me after a while, though, but I think I'd stay watching for that floor manager blokeConfusedmile:.

Cardiganwearer, now thats something i had no knowledge of. And i watched some of that suze orman link, she's sounds a lot more sensible than the other guy .

Well let's break this down people:

* We never find out who the guy really is, or what his actual credentials are. Throughout the whole video we are continuously reminded of how much better he is than everyone else, how many famous rich people he knows, how he already predicted the 2008 recession - and yet, he never once provides a single scrap of evidence to demonstrate these claims.

* He then goes on to detail what will happen if some apparently *certain* event occurs, details some apparently *certain* consequences, and pretty much tries to convince you that you'd have to be stupid if you doubt his dooms-day like *certain* predictions by making a completely subject-unrelated analogy to the Jews in WWII, an analogy which isn't even historically accurate.

* He then finishes his diatribe by expanding on all the supposed horrible things that, honest, will happen to YOU, tells you that he has a free document that will help you, and then at the end tries to get you to be a paid subscriber to receive his "free" miracle documents.

I'll be honest people, you'd have to be a freakin moron to believe this guy.