Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And it doesn't even look weird.
Owing to the fact that this dance is very macho yet sensual and to the fact that the gaucho in the Porteño bars would practise dancing with each other before having a go at it with the prostitutes (female).... this is quite consummate art.

Note that one of the men in this one is wearing heels

or this competition in Barcelona: the vice champions

more vice champions from Madrid

more vice champions from Badajoz

the champions from Madrid (watch the quick footwork)

These two brothers are having fun... maybe that's why they can put more fun and fantasy into their dancing
Macana Brothers

Good quality video (I think it's the same as the previous one)

Now that's dancing! A bit too choreographed for me, but I appreciate it. My favorite is to see dancers with these skills and passion dancing spontaneously, playing off each other, letting the music and the moment inspire them. Damn, now I want to go dancing!

Me too, Geminize.

I always wanted to learn ballroom dancing, but nobody would ever go with me.

You do need to find a suitable partner to dance with, otherwise it can be tedious. I've had several tango partners over the years, and some would just not let me lead.

2 left feet and no desire to dance...and what is this Ball Room you speak of Tinkles?

dfiant1 Wrote:2 left feet and no desire to dance...and what is this Ball Room you speak of Tinkles?

[Image: ballroom-building.jpg]

I have gone into a few of these places, but its all FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!
There are NO BALLS to be found ANYWHERE at these places!!!!

Ballroom - Waltz, Tango, and various other more formal dances are in AmeriKa called 'ballroom dancing'.

And ball means formal dance. It used to be people would dress real fancy to go to Balls... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_%28dance%29 I guess they still do, The San Francisco Symphony has the Black and White Ball each summer...

I can sword dance and a few Highland reels but I would like to give them Tangos a try. Thanks for sharing Albert.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Ballroom - Waltz, Tango, and various other more formal dances are in AmeriKa called 'ballroom dancing'.

And ball means formal dance. It used to be people would dress real fancy to go to Balls... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_%28dance%29 I guess they still do, The San Francisco Symphony has the Black and White Ball each summer...

Mr. Spock says "Like....DUH"!!!
[Image: 200.gif]
Nose-pickRofl