Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And it happens once more.
This is the news that just arrived on my phone. And it's not good news.
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/08/02/vic...-injuries/
When will it ever stop?

As long as people do things in Gods name, we will always have Wars, prejudice, and these kind of occurences. My interpretation is that we all have a place and all mankind is one. But then again I base this all on the New Testament, which was written as an override to the Old. Theology 101. James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

princealbertofb Wrote:This is the news that just arrived on my phone. And it's not good news.
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/08/02/vic...-injuries/
When will it ever stop?
And yet, sadly, still not *as bad* as the rest of most of that region. At least people there are (kind of?) able to protest and rally.

jaxc Wrote:And yet, sadly, still not *as bad* as the rest of most of that region. At least people there are (kind of?) able to protest and rally.
Well...

It is true that Jewish people were largely more tolerant of gay people long before other populist religions. Like many others, Jewish religion has evolved through the years toward a more moderate stance. The attitude toward gay people in Israel has, in the majority, become live and let live. Yet rabid radicals still exist. There are still many ultra-Orthodox Jews who find homosexuality abhorrent.

Yishai Schlissel, the man who stabbed those six people at the gay pride parade, had just been released from prison three weeks earlier. His 12 year prison sentence was for stabbing three people at the 2005 gay parade.

This is the kind of complete BS that radically religion must be held accountable for, held up as an example to the rest of the fanatical, foaming at the mouth fools who share such immutable idiocy. Faith cannot be a separate standard, the excuse for discrimination or murder. The murder of Shira Banki was preventable. I share your feelings princealbertofb. Another sad day for gay people. Haven't we paid enough already? Does the fundamentally flawed logic of "I am better than you because I am ___________ (insert stupid descriptive noun here)" never end? How much blood need be spilled before people realize that its all red?

What else can one expect from these absolute religious nutters?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Steve Wrote:Well...

It is true that Jewish people were largely more tolerant of gay people long before other populist religions. Like many others, Jewish religion has evolved through the years toward a more moderate stance. The attitude toward gay people in Israel has, in the majority, become live and let live. Yet rabid radicals still exist. There are still many ultra-Orthodox Jews who find homosexuality abhorrent.

Yishai Schlissel, the man who stabbed those six people at the gay pride parade, had just been released from prison three weeks earlier. His 12 year prison sentence was for stabbing three people at the 2005 gay parade.

This is the kind of complete BS that radically religion must be held accountable for, held up as an example to the rest of the fanatical, foaming at the mouth fools who share such immutable idiocy. Faith cannot be a separate standard, the excuse for discrimination or murder. The murder of Shira Banki was preventable. I share your feelings princealbertofb. Another sad day for gay people. Haven't we paid enough already? Does the fundamentally flawed logic of "I am better than you because I am ___________ (insert stupid descriptive noun here)" never end? How much blood need be spilled before people realize that its all red?
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to imply that everything for LGBT there is all peaches and cream, but considering how in many of the surrounding regions, things like hanging homosexuals from street lamps and tossing them off cliffs is not only a everyday occurrence, but is even actively encouraged by their "society" and government, well i think it's clear who in this regards is the lesser of two evils.