Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now it's Mali
News just breaking that gunmen have attacked the Raddison Blue hotel in Bamako the Capital of Mali and taken guests and staff as hostages, some 170 guesstimate.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/20/gunmen-sto...e-5514450/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Knowing that this was once an ancient site of African civilization; Mali harbors the great and ancient city of Timbuktu.

there was also an attempt on Hanover stadium on the 18th november. i don't know if this has been posted on this site already.

/germany-terror-alert-ambulance-packed

using ambulances is an old tactic for terrorists, but i don't think it has been used in Europe much or at all.

in the meantime, while there is concern that one of the Paris attackers entered Europe as a migrant (with Syrian passport), the Balkan countries are banning entry to everyone except people from Middle East and Afghanistan. what the hell?

BBC Wrote:Serbia implemented the move late on Wednesday, according to a spokeswoman for the UN refugee agency UNHCR, Melita Sunjic.

"As of 6pm yesterday evening, Serbia started turning back (to Macedonia) all but Syrians, Iraqis and Afghans," she said.

how does that make any sense? just keep letting more of the people we can't monitor in. this has been a stupid strategy from the start. besides, Europe isn't exactly the safest place to come to anymore.

so at the start of the 21st century Europe is becoming engaged in ground warfare with some bullshit religious tribe analogue from the African continent. ground warfare. because that is what this is. and we just keep the borders open to people from the very region where the terrorists are? we're practically asking for it.

Europe needs to get over its humanitarian identity for a while and grow some fucking balls. until we have a more stable internal situation, until we have a solid way of monitoring and identifying all of these people who are trying to get in here, security perspective should take priority over a humanitarian one.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

and there's also Sweden:

sweden-terror-suspect-held-after-police-raid

Sounds like it's time for an uprising of the European people!

It's almost as bad here in the USA as well, the majority of Americans do not want Syrian refugees coming here, yet our President seems hellbent on doing it anyways.

And I see that the EU is debating about the open borders policy. What's the chances of border controls being introduced once again?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Pcola, blocking Syrians is nothing more than grandstanding. How is it that so few seem to notice that the mastermind of the Paris attack was Belgian?

It is in the very nature of subversive attacks that the source of them cannot be isolated. If it could they would have been eliminated. Individuals may be watched but their behavior is not predictable.

Block all the borders you like. Then tell me what you do when someone decides to bomb a federal building in Kansas and the daycare inside it.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:How is it that so few seem to notice that the mastermind of the Paris attack was Belgian?

Block all the borders you like. Then tell me what you do when someone decides to bomb a federal building in Kansas and the daycare inside it.

we know he was Belgian-born. we also know he was a second generation immigrant.

wikipedia Wrote:He was the son of Omar Abaaoud, a shopkeeper who emigrated to Belgium from Morocco in 1975

closing borders won't eliminate the phenomenon of terrorism but it will help gain a better control on things. especially since we are dealing with mass immigration and not some few people trickling in every once in a while.

another terrorist involved in attacks on Paris is thought to have entered France as a Syrian ''refugee''. and this is only the first one we are hearing of. German authorities have already drawn a link between current escalation of terrorism in Europe and the migrant crisis. and as we have seen, second generation immigrants are still dangerous. their parents may have wanted to live peacefully but their children can be influenced adversely and they are. this is not the first second generation immigrant to perpetrate a terror attack on Europe.

letting people in uncontrollably with no restrictions is not the solution whichever way you look at it. border closing may not solve all our problems but it is a fucking start. it is idiotic already to defend the open borders stance. and it is easy to speak for someone in the USA who isn't seeing this influx in first person.

Pcolakuntryboy Wrote:It's almost as bad here in the USA as well, the majority of Americans do not want Syrian refugees coming here, yet our President seems hellbent on doing it anyways.

Europeans don't want them either, in fact. we have activist groups and people who advocate in favor of accepting migrants, that's true, but most Europeans just go with the flow and we trust our governments to weigh the matter in an adequate way to reach the right decision. but nobody actually wants them here.

LJay Wrote:Pcola, blocking Syrians is nothing more than grandstanding. How is it that so few seem to notice that the mastermind of the Paris attack was Belgian?

He may have been born in Belgium, but apparently he didn't do a very good job of assimilating into the local culture. That's the problem, these Islamic fanatics are incompatible with western society, EVERYTHING we stand for offends them.