Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew from Riverside, Cali
sonofthemanse Wrote:Hi Andrew! Welcome, I'm also 18 and just joined today too. Brilliant to hear that you've found 'the one' - I'm so happy for you! Hope your forum experience continues to be as wonderful as it has been.

Thank you so much! There aren't that many people who find "the one" so I'm actually really thankful I did.

Welcome to the forums! :biggrin:

dfiant Wrote:G Day Andrew and welcome to the Gayspeak Family.

I am sure that is what the guys and gals thought when they had the first Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras in 1979 when homosexuality was not only illegal, but it was also listed as a mental illness. Homosexuality in Australia was 'de-criminalised' in the late 1980's.

You've set yourself a goal, I'm sure you will help achieve it by being instrumental in the call for equality. Well done Wink

Thank you! I know I can't do it by myself which is why I am thankful to have a whole community right behind my back. I actually have a small speech trying to convince people that being G,L,B, or T isn't a bad thing... But I'm not sure which board I can put it on? :confused:

Oh, and thank you everybody! Big Grin

dfiant Wrote:Homosexuality in Australia was 'de-criminalised' in the late 1980's.

oh, really? It took that long? :frown: I thought that the biggest problems were having LGBT people in certain areas in the US. I have never thought about Australia... It happened in 1962 in my country.

Welcome aboard hope we can help you in whatever you need.

Hello Andrew welcome.Welcome