Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anime
Here's Anime 101, a fun music vid to introduce people to anime (be ready to pause if you want to read everything):

I've never really gotten into anime and this will sound really ignorant so sorry.. but is pokemon technically anime? :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I've personally gotten into RWBY, season 1 helped to care about the characters a lot. Season 2, coming out in July, will make or break it for me.

I love the zany creativity of it and how it can be so serious in some ways and silly in others. IMO it's best to have characters and story worth caring about while not taking itself too seriously at the same time. Perfect "junk food" material to just relax, stay interested, and feel better after having a few smiles (maybe even giggles).

Marky Wrote:I've never really gotten into anime and this will sound really ignorant so sorry.. but is pokemon technically anime? :p

Yep.

And so is Speed Racer.

Marky Wrote:I've never really gotten into anime and this will sound really ignorant so sorry.. but is pokemon technically anime? :p

OK someone needs taking to Anime school , I think I will have to educate you :p

I love anime , started watching it in the good old days ( yes for you younger guys that would be along long time ago in the 1980's ).

Akira , Guyver , wicked city , vampire hunter D and many more all brill Smile
Love Pokemon and more recent stuff as well.

Rae Wrote:I'm not as into anime as I was when I was in my 14 year old weaboo phase
But I still enjoy catching a season or two of whatever Netflix has to offer
I'm pretty bad at torrenting and downloads so I haven't really bothered with trying to watch much of anything else
I do want to watch the entirety of Sailor Moon though, so I can be fully immersed by the time the new series comes out

TBH I'm not that excited about the new sailor moon anime. I'm sure it'll be nice to watch, but I'm afraid it won't be as special... and by that I mean it won't have enough repeated stock footage and filler episodes xP

New Sailor Moon ? Did not know thanks for the heads up. Smile

[Image: Candy-Candy-anime-candy-candy-9421128-1857-2560.jpg]

[Image: Heidi_DVD_1.jpg]

[Image: Remi_el_nino_de_nadie_El_nino_sin_hogar-...-large.jpg]

Im very old school I grew up in Mexico watching these series and Love them unfortunately they aren't available in the USA I don't know why, I love children style Anime like Hayao Miyazaki's work

jogu656 Wrote:[Image: Candy-Candy-anime-candy-candy-9421128-1857-2560.jpg]

[Image: Heidi_DVD_1.jpg]

[Image: Remi_el_nino_de_nadie_El_nino_sin_hogar-...-large.jpg]

Im very old school I grew up in Mexico watching these series and Love them unfortunately they aren't available in the USA I don't know why, I love children style Anime like Hayao Miyazaki's work

I love Hayao Miyazaki's films as well , the first one I ever saw Laputa castle in the sky and it really blew me away Smile

Wolfpack Wrote:I love Hayao Miyazaki's films as well , the first one I ever saw Laputa castle in the sky and it really blew me away Smile

My first movie by him was "My neighbor Totoro" when it was released under 20th Century Fox in the 90's before Disney bought the rights to all his work. "Castle in the Sky" is amazing I agree.