Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti LGBT Demonstration
I wasn't aware that there was an anti LGBT demonstration in here on last Saturday.

There is no confirmation on how many people joined the demonstration. But it was more than 1000 people. One newspaper reported 1000. Another newspaper reported 3000.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNe...41307.html

*goes to kitchen and looks at calendar*

Yes....it looks like we live in the year 2012...but I can't shake the feeling that a rift in the space-time continuum transported a portion of the world back to an alternate universe in the 1950's, where McCarthy is Grand Emperor and Llamas keep humans as pets.

Seriously though....one would think in this day and age crap like this would be less tolerated.

We have to watch more for our rights... that seems more and more important...

There are so many cuts in our rights in time... so many countrys have dramatic gay rights ... and sometimes I ´m really frustrated... If I see how many gay themed articles I have - by example - on my facebook profile or twitter.. and nobody has a comment, a like ...or share it. People have to see that we are awaked... that our guard s work.... and what happens ... nothing ...
Sometimes we have more straight supporters ( male and female ) as gay supporters....
hello .. someone at home ? We talk about gay marriage ( what I support ) in a time when a 14 y.o. boys kill himself by suicide ... or 16 y.o. gay boy gets killed by hanging on a crane because a state has such rights against the LGBT community....

... I´m so frustrated...

Unbelievable , what a load of Bovine scat.

It dose make one mad. At the moment Russia is going the wrong way. Laws have recently been imposed so the people are not allowed to talk, read, right about anything homosexual.

Straight-Married Russian Man Arrested For “Homosexual Propaganda” Now Cleared Of Violating Anti-Gay Ban

Full story here: http://www.queerty.com/straight-married-...z1svA4Ne00

also last month
http://en.ria.ru/russia/20120423/172993151.html
http://www.queerty.com/straight-married-...-20120423/

Guys, homophobia is getting worse in the USA. I have never felt as threatened as I do today. I live in New Jersey which probably has the highest percent of gays and lesbians in the US. Homophobia from the black community has been getting worse every day since Obama has been elected. The news media has imposed a total news black out. No one is allowed to say that blacks behave like bigots towards gays. Obama sits there and says nothing. Hey, guys, why can't Jersey have a gay bar or club. Why must we always go into NYC. Blacks bomb every attempt for gays to mingle. If you think white guys have trouble, ask a black gay guy what he is up against. A black gay friend went back to see his sick sister, nine of his high school buddies met him with baseball bats. No matter how many people are getting hurt in Jersey, the four mother fucking lying TV stations in NYC never report news from NJ. We are supposed to watch assholes on SNL make fun of Jersey. I hope some day, SNL guys walk past my building. Bring Rush Limbaugh and all the other fucking homophobes with you. I love how silent the media is on attacks on gays. We had better find a gay leader with some balls pretty soon. Like they say, NICE GUYS FINISH LAST.
I am a angry gay voter. Obama got 97% of our vote in 2008. I am fairly convinced that a rifle will come in handy in the future for gay guys.

Technically speaking, Obama has done a lot for the gay community (I'd like it if he did more, but he's done far more than I expected him to) and the NAACP is officially against things like Prop 8.

However, the black community tends to be socially conservative and deeply Christian, and many fundie groups have been exploiting that in the last few years. You can read one example here:

http://www.newser.com/story/142792/anti-...lacks.html

Quote:The National Organization for Marriage came right out and admitted—in previously confidential documents—that a goal of one of its projects was "to drive a wedge between gays and blacks." The group wanted to "fan the hostility" over gay marriage and divide black voters and gay voters, "two key Democratic constituencies," says the internal report

And Romney helped:

http://www.hayscountydemocrats.org/how-m...-and-gays/

Quote:On Tuesday, Buzzfeed reported on an internal NOM document detailing the group’s aim to “drive a wedge between gays and blacks” in order to knock down gay marriage efforts. Those documents date back to 2008. Put another way, Romney donated $10,000 to an effort geared at “fanning the hostility” between gays and black voters

Plenty of Latinos and blacks have a problem with gays, but they tend to give the very same reason most whites do (that is, religious).

But anyway, just for a little comedic relief...

being gay is exhausting :frown:

ceez Wrote:being gay is exhausting :frown:

Ain't that the truth Confusedmile:

I live in Oregon, one of the states supposed to be more gay-friendly (my hometown has an openly gay mayor for cryin' out loud)

Didn't stop the fact that about two years ago, my then-boyfriend and myself were beaten up by a couple of redneck hillbilly idiots for walking down the street holding hands.

sigh...hopefully before my dying day, I will live to see GLBT people accepted as normal members of society. Confusedmile: