Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else get turned on by this?
I'll be honest, wrestling turns me on. Not Pro wrestling(the fake stuff on TV) and not MMA, I don't care for all the punching and kicking. But when two guys are wrapped up with each other with slow and deliberate moves trying to get the other in a compromised position in a real wrestling match(No fancy throws and flying kick garbage), going for a submission, or an emission it's very hot. I appreciate it's not everyone's cup of tea but to each their own I guess.

No it's not for me at all, I just see those two people as martial artists nothing more.

UFC is hot until they start bleeding.

I prefer wrestlingarena for hot, sweaty grappling.

Wow, I love that I'm surrounded by such gentle people.

Smile

I don't like fighting either, but I do appreciate all the technical and tactical aspects of boxing. Honestly I don't really see MUCH of that in UFC and I am (HONESTLY) turned off by how violent it CAN be at times.

But as Thibideau alluded to, there is a certain aspect of wrestling that makes me raise an eyebrow sometimes...

Smileysex

I have never found violence in any form to be arousing. I will never understand the nature of a man that directs violence against another human being, whether it be male, or female. The fact that we reward these men for such violence tells us a lot about our culture.

jeffrey Wrote:I have never found violence in any form to be arousing. I will never understand the nature of a man that directs violence against against another human being, whether it be male, or female. The fact that we reward these men for such violence tells us a lot about our culture.

Ok....

I can see this thread taking a turn towards a philosophical discussion of violence.

I do agree, it can be violent.

Yes, people get hurt.

But it's a SPORT not a CRIME. They enter the ring as equals and one guy leaves victorious. That doesn't mean there has been a victim.

That said, some players (fighters) will play (fight) dirty. There's nothing sportsmanlike about that.

[Image: jenshug.jpg]

LateBloomer Wrote:Ok....

I can see this thread taking a turn towards a philosophical discussion of violence.

I do agree, it can be violent.

Yes, people get hurt.

But it's a SPORT not a CRIME. They enter the ring as equals and one guy leaves victorious. That doesn't mean there has been a victim.

That said, some players (fighters) will play (fight) dirty. There's nothing sportsmanlike about that.

[Image: jenshug.jpg]

I'm really not trying to get all philosophical and mushy here, but when I look at the picture it looks like the guy is thinking:" I want to love you, but society has forced me to direct violence toward you." This is much like people that fight animals. In most cases the animal has no quarrel with the other animal, but we force them to fight for our own entertainment.
Someday, I hope to study the root causes of this phenomena in greater depth. It is interesting, sad, but interesting. Ok, I guess I am getting a bit philosophical. I tend to do that.

I agree with Bowyn Aerrow. The most homophobic roommate's I have love watching MMA and I was thinking, weird... they love watching two guys beat the crap outta each other and wrestle each other but just the sight of two guys holding hands or hugging they freak out and get really pissed off.

And it's not just two guys hugging, they hug there close friends and family but the time my brother was over and I gave him a hug they freak out saying how they don't wanna see all that gay s**t going on then I'm like, dude, he's my twin brother! Then it's fine... weird.

With regards to if it's hot. I don't find it hot, I use to do MMA for a few years back when I was in the Army, a lot of us really got into it, also the new hand to hand combat training they were teaching us was similar to MMA, so it made sense. It was actually a lot of fun and I was decent at it. But I don't really find it hot, then again I don't really watch it, I get bored watching it on tv. Go figure... But I do try to make it as gay as possible when my roommates are watching it, just to piss them off. You'd think one of these day's they'd realize they more anti-gay they get, the gayer I'm gonna act! lol

jeffrey Wrote:I'm really not trying to get all philosophical and mushy here, but when I look at the picture it looks like the guy is thinking:" I want to love you, but society has forced me to direct violence toward you." This is much like people that fight animals. In most cases the animal has no quarrel with the other animal, but we force them to fight for our own entertainment.
Someday, I hope to study the root causes of this phenomena in greater depth. It is interesting, sad, but interesting. Ok, I guess I am getting a bit philosophical. I tend to do that.

It's ok, I like philosophical.

Smile

Although I didn't have THAT in mind when I started the thread. It was just a funny thought in my head at the time....

But you know, I have to disagree with you. I'm not going to try and change your mind but you're obviously seeing something very different than I am.

In the case of fighting animals (bull fights? fishing? hunting?) I DO believe there is a victim.

But sport is sport--even if someone gets hurt. They are both there, willingly participating. It's not like throwing Christians to the lions! Although I know how MUCH this crowd would LOVE to see that!

I crack myself up.

Icon16

LateBloomer Wrote:It's ok, I like philosophical.

Smile

Although I didn't have THAT in mind when I started the thread. It was just a funny thought in my head at the time....

But you know, I have to disagree with you. I'm not going to try and change your mind but you're obviously seeing something very different than I am.

In the case of fighting animals (bull fights? fishing? hunting?) I DO believe there is a victim.

But sport is sport--even if someone gets hurt. They are both there, willingly participating. It's not like throwing Christians to the lions! Although I know how MUCH this crowd would LOVE to see that!

I crack myself up.

Icon16

Ok, LateBloomer. I knew you would eventually get me. I do hunt and fish and I knew it was only a matter of time before that little subject came up. lol
My reasons are primal, I suppose. I can even tolerate a boxing match, but this extreme form of fighting worries me. If we continue on like this we will eventually be back to gladiator style fighting. I can actually see that happening and corporate sponsors like Budweiser would be all over it. I simply have no desire to hurt another human being. And as far as hunting is concerned, I am as ethical as possible, although I know many will insist that "ethical as possible" isn't ethical at all. Nevertheless, I suspect that many of them enjoy a good steak from time to time. My method is far more ethical than those of the slaughterhouse. Well, maybe not at the moment, as I haven't practiced my shooting in a while.
I see your point and if you are an extreme fighter, please, keep in mind that what I say is well intended. lol