Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone with Twitter
I just signed up with Twitter.

Against my will.

My boss made me so.

The company that I'm working with has a Twitter now. I work in the IT department so my IT boss ordered IT staff (3 people including me lol) to sign up to Twitter and follow the company's Twitter, his Twitter and our deputy CEO.

I objected. I kindly told him to differentiate private life with work. It should not be mixed up.

My protest failed.

So they want a Twitter from me. I'm giving them my Twitter. With a bang.

So anyone with Twitter?

P/S: I'm learning to write like I'm tweeting. Goodbye, long essay. Yeah, when pigs fly.

I did create a Twitter account a while back but I've never used it. Never tweeted, and probably won't either. Doesn't really interest me.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

My first tweet and probably the last, "How can I write my typical essay in 115 words? This is cruel."

I just signed Twitter for the company. That's that.

It doesn't really interest me too.

I have an account to follow others. I haven't turned it on since the Oscars, when I'm looking for tweets about who's wearing what with pics. I've never tweeted myself and can't see myself starting to.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

He cannot actually make you do that. Dunno where some employers/managers get off trying to dominate people's lives.

You could just make an account and then leave it there. Don't use it. He cant make you use it OUTSIDE of work hours if you do not want to. Unless he is willing to pay you more. Your manager can not tell you what to do outside of the hours he is paying you for.

I use twitter for my music.

Oh I freaking HATE Twitter. I met some of the snarkiest, molst self-obsessed gay guys in the universe on Twitter...and Cats!! Do you know that people start accounts in their cat's names and the cats talk to each other and have social clubs and dates and romances and drama????

Lol sorry for the rant and NO, I'm not on Twitter anymore...

Pyromancer Wrote:Oh I freaking HATE Twitter. I met some of the snarkiest, molst self-obsessed gay guys in the universe on Twitter...and Cats!! Do you know that people start accounts in their cat's names and the cats talk to each other and have social clubs and dates and romances and drama????

Lol sorry for the rant and NO, I'm not on Twitter anymore...

seriously. the amount of gay guys who have a twitter and an instagram for absolutely no reason at all other than to post pointless pictures of themselves with endless gay themed hashtags #gay life #gay #gay lad #gay boi #gay problems #gay bath #gay dinner #gay glassofwine #gay uk or tweets about not a lot. Much like facebook statuses. Heres me in the bath. heres selfie # 4235 of me on the train.

wtf. And they bave 100ssss of followers. A swirling pool of self-breeding narcissism.

Since you did not plan on having a Twitter account, just use it for work related things. Just retweet some your company's tweets, some of your boss's work-related tweets, some of your CEO's tweets. Nothing else, especially nothing personal, nothing political.

Iceblink Wrote:Since you did not plan on having a Twitter account, just use it for work related things. Just retweet some your company's tweets, some of your boss's work-related tweets, some of your CEO's tweets. Nothing else, especially nothing personal, nothing political.

Yes, I will do that. But I was thinking that I can use my Twitter as a way to make my CEO, deputy CEO etc. realize what advertising really is.

I joined the company, which is a rubber promotion council on last Nov 2014. The council has no direction in brand identity and advertising. I'm trying my best to fix things out but rather difficult due to many factors.

So I can link articles, case study etc. on branding, advertising on my Twitter.

I have one, but I only use it to earn money for a Las Vegas trip and the occasional pro GLBT charity or fundraiser.