Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apathetic?
Firstly, i looked at the dictionary for that word and i am worried that i may be apathetic. I realised i don't have a ''best friend'' and i am closer to some of my friends than the others but i believe that's because we have things in common. My mom always says im unemotional and heartless and such. I realised i am kinda pushing people away. I don't care about almost anything; people call me idiot, crazy and i just say okay, i don't get mad. When there are sad things going on, i see my mom or my friends crying but im not. I have only one goal in front of me; go to another country and find that special someone and have a life with him. But im worried about, maybe im too cold for that someone? Maybe i will push him away too? I'm always in a foggy bubble, everything is blurry and i have to focus to do something, like when someone tells me something to do i say okay; go to there and stop.. because i didn't heard anything! I mean i heard it but i wasn't listening.

This sounds like something else, like Asberger's or something. Apathy refers to your emotional state, and I know you can get frustrated, so it's not apathy.

if you're worried about being apathetic , then it's highly unlikely that you are

You might like a TV show called Daria. You can see the first ep here (assuming it's allowed in your country):

http://www.mtv.com/videos/daria-esteemst...list.jhtml

Btw, you can find the Full Screen option at the bottom right corner (run the arrow over it and the option will pop up).

If you were apathetic , it would not worry you what your mother has said nor would you worry about anything that someone else thinks or says about you.

You are sixteen years old , do not over think things .

First of all, apathetic people dont worry about whether they are apathetic or not. The fact that you realize something is going on with your personality is reason to believe that you are only in search of who you are.

You state you are only 16 years old. You are still in the process of becoming an adult, and therefore you will have your own certain "phases" you go through in order to figure out who you are and what kind of person you want to be, or will become.

Most teenagers go through this stage of growing up at some point. Some are more prevalent than others.

Its not that you dont care, its that you are just in an emotional state of your own and most outside issues will not affect you, until you have grown out of this emotional state.

From the little bit of information you gave, I would suspect that you are more depressed than apathetic.
The two of these states get confused a great deal.

Your mind seems to be focused on getting out and finding your own happy place on planet earth. This can really mess your head up. I love the term "foggy bubble", that is the BEST description of this emotional state I have ever heard.

Dont worry, you are still growing up. There are lots of confusing thoughts in your head, lots of people telling you different things, and the whole world is just chaos to you right now, so your internal emotional detectors have decided that its best for you to become unattached to your emotions for a while until your mind can come to an understanding with your issues, problems, and state of mind as you are trying to deal with them.

If people call you names or tell you youre unemotional, just tell them your still trying to figure life out and some things just dont affect you like they should, but that doesnt mean you dont care.

Dont worry about it....youre just becoming an adult.

Okay thank you all for answering and helping.