Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are PDAs that bad in Austria?
Interesting article about how Vienna's public transport system wants to curb some types of behaviour that are deemed unpalatable by its users (I'm guessing) and its management teams.
So kissing in public is a big no no no in the motherland of Strauss and Freud?
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/09/17/wan...in-vienna/
So what do you think? How are things in your neck of the woods?

Had to be Germans...however different Austro-Germans are..

Oh I'm all for a good represive control of people's nasty public behaviors...as long as the kissing part is not about targeting gays, sure.

I hate loud speakers whether on the phone or live, and people who laugh too loudly all the time, I hate smelly foods in a closed environment, and not that I don't enjoy watching people showing some sweet love but poeple who seems to be sucking each other souls and exchanging large amounts of spit...that grosses me out...

Pink News seems to be trying to create a gay issue where there isn't one.

Now if the ban on PDAs is enforced unevenly, that would be different.

davearoo Wrote:Pink News seems to be trying to create a gay issue where there isn't one.

Now if the ban on PDAs is enforced unevenly, that would be different.

No, I don't think so... You're right about it being enforced unevenly, though... They're just pointing out something that has crept up when open visibility re PDAs is under the microscope, I guess.

southbiochem Wrote:Had to be Germans...however different Austro-Germans are..

Oh I'm all for a good represive control of people's nasty public behaviors...as long as the kissing part is not about targeting gays, sure.

I hate loud speakers whether on the phone or live, and people who laugh too loudly all the time, I hate smelly foods in a closed environment, and not that I don't enjoy watching people showing some sweet love but poeple who seems to be sucking each other souls and exchanging large amounts of spit...that grosses me out...

Fair enough. And here I go wanting to be able to hold hands with my sweetheart, just occasionally without feeling weird about it.

princealbertofb Wrote:Fair enough. And here I go wanting to be able to hold hands with my sweetheart, just occasionally without feeling weird about it.

Yeah I know...normal, everyday, PDAs upset no one...but some people are rather gross about it and behave like animals in heat...I assume that's what this whole banning on kissing is all about...sucks though that for some badly behaved people everybody else has to pay the price

southbiochem Wrote:Yeah I know...normal, everyday, PDAs upset no one...but some people are rather gross about it and behave like animals in heat...I assume that's what this whole banning on kissing is all about...sucks though that for some badly behaved people everybody else has to pay the price

Which reminds me, whenever I go to the shops I pay an extra value added price for all the shoplifting that goes on in the shop. Every honest customer does, don't they? Surely they don't count on insurance policies to cover the cost of stolen goods, it's just a few pennies added to everything you buy... it makes up for the loss, no?

southbiochem Wrote:Yeah I know...normal, everyday, PDAs upset no one...but some people are rather gross about it and behave like animals in heat...I assume that's what this whole banning on kissing is all about...sucks though that for some badly behaved people everybody else has to pay the price

I've always thought that holding hands looks rather juvenile, too. (Unless, of course, you're in a dense crowd and need to stick together!)

There is a point where kissing becomes sexualized. That type of kissing is better left in the bedroom or some other private place where the public isn't likely to witness it.

In my day, it was called "making out" and we reserved that type of kissing for special places. Like, inside a house or in a car at night time,, or on a park bench in a secluded section of the park at night, or behind the bushes, or in a rundown vacant building, or in an alley behind the garbage cans,, or,,, or,,, or,,, Holy Donuts!!! I sound like a Street Walking SLUT!!!!
We Have Elvis !!