Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there any gay symbols
meridannight Wrote:I hate to break it to you guys: both ears were/are gay. Left just meant he was sexually a top, and right meant he was a bottom.

By the way, piercing your ears is gay, no matter how you do it, with what, when, or why.

once again, regional differences. In Australia and some other parts of the world...right ear is the gay ear, left ear is not because it is normal for a heterosexual male to have an ear peircing.

deephiance Wrote:once again, regional differences. In Australia and some other parts of the world...right ear is the gay ear, left ear is not because it is normal for a heterosexual male to have an ear peircing.

Actually, it's been one way and then another in pretty much the whole Western cultural sphere. It wasn't as straight-cut as that. Plenty of heterosexual males had their left ear pierced, and vice versa.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

You could look for a Human Rights Campaign bumper sticker. It subtle enough that your average person in the south may well not know what it means. I bet that some people would use that to let you know their interests.

[Image: hrcOurLogo.png]

Any kind of rainbow jewelry is a sure sign. A bit more obvious than the bumper sticker above.

[Image: Fashion-font-b-Rainbow-b-font-font-b-Pen...ashion.jpg]

If you meet someone with either of these, you can easily drop some hints about yourself with relative assurance that they will understand what you're saying.

I honestly thought the human rights sticker was a nautical signal flag, now I feel silly.

Yes there are, but if they're secret, it's because doesn't have to be spoken... if you want to know them I think it's better to ask them to a close gay or bi friend.

I do not know any gay or bi people in my area, if I do they are just as closeted as I am.

Doc Wrote:I honestly thought the human rights sticker was a nautical signal flag, now I feel silly.

Haha well now you know.

Come to think of it, if you see someone in a captain's hat, they're probably gay too!

[Image: A3577-Deluxe-Captain-s-Hat-large.jpg]

As for the ear thing, I was told a very long time ago that "Left is right and right is wrongj." by a guy who wanted me to think he was straight.

Secret symbols these days? Who needs them?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Secret symbols these days? Who needs them?

This.
Milk etc. fought for our rights to be who we are. The "battle" is still ongoing and I believe it's up to all of us to show our true colours to those around us to help cement the idea that we're here and that's fine - we're not that different after all.

Obviously there are countries where coming out is not an option, as it is illegal and sometimes punishable by death.

Im just very interested in this stuff Ive never really been exposed to any gay culture. Ive watched Alexander and own the seasons of Spartacus, thats about the limit of my exposure to the gay world. :biggrin: