Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we allowed to post specific private servers here?
My bf and I have been running a private minecraft server for alittle over a year now. We are looking to expand member wise so we've been trying to find different avenues to promote our server. Smile I think this is a great place to promote our server as there is a great gay community here.

We are really friendly and obviously gay friendly. While we dont advertise ourselves as a gay server due to backlash we get from the mainstream we welcome everyone to our server with open arms. We also have a very strict no discrimination policy. All we ask is that people respect one another and enjoy themselves.

Ill refrain from posting the server ip until I find out if its ok to post it here. I dont want to get in trouble for trying to "advertise" or anything Big Grin

PS If it makes a difference, we do take donations but those donations are kept for server upgrades specifically. My bf and I run the server out of our own pockets and its not to try and make money with it type of thing Big Grin Donations are totally optional though. The only thing donators get are some superfluous perks that really dont affect gameplay.

Can you private message me the address? I would love to pla

I believe you need 50 posts to post a link to anything. I strongly suggest you go to the word games forum and play some games.

http://gayspeak.com/misc.php?do=cfrules is the forum rules.

I think that #5 may remotely apply -

Do not spam the site trying to promote a particular website/product/service in posts or signatures. (website links are allowed in profiles)

Posting one (a) thread isn't actually spamming.
Spam:
Verb
Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

So as long as you do not make more than one thread on the subject, or try to put it in your signature, it should be OK to post a (one) link here.

Considering how often all of us link to something on the next as reference, I think in this case it is a reference sort of link, not really spam.

Unless you are soliciting (selling) a product. If this a 'free to use' server (Yeah I know mincraft needs to be bought) It mayn't be a problem

You ought to be fine, since you're not trying to sell.

Plus, alot of people would actuallly be interested in this.

PM me it please!

thank you guys for the interest in our MC server! Well since most people here agree that its ok to post the ip I will go ahead and do it. If the moderators on the site feel it violates rules please let me know and I will edit it out. Thanks!

the.grid-tronix.net

I had to add the (dot) since I dont have 50 posts yet and I cant post web address(although that isnt a web address technically its a server ip Big Grin

Our homepage for the server is also located below. You can check that out too if you have any questions.

thegrid-tronix.enjin.com/home

I wanted to edit in a link to the minecraft forums as well...this gives a detail explanation of our server.

minecraftforum.net/topic/1215833-the-grid-151-247-no-whitelist-high-end-server-friendly-anti-grief-live-map-mature-environment-cool-plugins/page__hl__%20nomizak