Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argh!
Right, so I dont know how to start this, basicaly, a few months back my grandparents found a copy of gay times, said nothing about it, but every time I come in late from college, or I'm at my friends, or out with my friends I'm 'up to something' - or atleast they accuse me of being.

My grandmother had brain surgery a few years back meaning she can't really go out etc, but she literally tries and lives her life through me and my cousin, we can't do anything for ourselves, she wont allow us, she basically chose what I did at A-Level because she threatened to chuck me out if I didn't (I then changed them) and she even decides what we wear, and if we don't wear if there is a huge fight in which all of the family stick up for her because of the surgery. I mean, sure fine... it was fine at first but now it's getting to the point I can't even do assessments without her triple checking them! Even the assessments in foreign languages even though she can't understand a word!

Every day when I'm at college she goes into my room and literally looks EVERYWHERE... I mean, this one time I hid a card I received about a gay youth club in my area in the middle of a 5 litre capacity bucket and the next day she had found it and it was on my bed. She is like this all the time... it's not just a one off... I can't even have a personal life or even a friend over without her questioning everything I do. A few weeks back, I bought a friend over to help finish a literature assessment and by the time my friend left my grandmother was on my back questioning everything I do and if I don't tell her something she goes on her 'OMG, YOUR UP TO SOMETHING' rant.

Tonight, at around 10:30 I told them I was going to my friends house, so I left and I decided to walk the long way around as I had some time to kill before I met her, ofcourse, she was watching me out of the window and when I got back, her and my grandad were in the kitchen ranting on and on at me about how I'm up to something and how I'm a lier - although I never once lied. She then brought up the mag that she found calling it 'dirty' and crap, even though Gay Times contains nothing really unacceptable... They then accused me of meeting a guy - which ofcourse, I never did, and shouting all this crap calling me a fag and that even though I never really did anything wrong.

I just don't know what to do because my dad is stuck in the middle of it also, when I tell him all this stuff, when he brings it up my grandad goes on a huge rant at him and they own their own business together so arguments aren't something that can happen so everything has just been brushed under the carpet... However, whats happened tonight has actually pushed me over the edge, I want to drop out of college, find a job and move out ASAP but i know even then it will be MONTHS before I can do anything about it...

My dads house is too small for me to move in, especially after my elder sister, Rebecca was ran over...

ugh Sad what do I do?

That really sounds terrible. I agree with you that even though your grandmother had brain surgery, she has no right to control your life. I don't want to just say that you should move out because that entails a lot of things that may be more harmful than beneficial. You should definately try to find a way out of your situation. I understand that you probably love your grandparents, but they need to let you live your own life.
You should only move out if you are prepared to support yourself financially. Rent, utilities, and food are not cheap. I also recommend not dropping out of college (unless you are truly miserable there).

I just hope you find a way to handle the situation, whether you sit and have a talk with your grandparents, your father, or a friend.

Ant I dont know how to answer this but if you wanna talk ask on here or for my email k? Btw chloe said she misses you. Tongue
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Hi Hyde,

Don't really know what to say with that... is a very difficult situation I can bet. I would certainly agree that your gran has no right to be so controlling... being as you live under her roof, she can administer some control but this just goes beyond anything reasonable... and at the age you are as well... you're very nearly an adult!!