Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurora Tragedy
A horrible tragedy took place in my hometown of Aurora, Colorado. I used to work at the Aurora Mall and have been to that theater. Aurora is a great city in Colorado with great people. We will get through this!

I actually had lunch in the same area the theater is in with my aunt when I went to visit her and my uncle in Denver. Really scary stuff.

The poor people. Sad RIP to the dead and prayers for the injured.

i hope your people are all safe

My heart goes out to all the victims of this tragedy. I have never understood what could drive someone to take the life of another human being!

this is shocking news again, it all over the news here in the UK too.. i wish the USA had gun laws like here in great britain but i know its written into the constitution about baring arms so i know this will never change - im sure a law made in 1788 wasnt meant for this type of situation ,, i.e. young people armed with automatic rifles etc killing on mass, it was written in a totally different time and for the sake of saving innocent lives i wish it could be ammended - so sorry for the family and victims

Good words, there, Matty... I'd never thought about the words of the constitution being drafted at another time than now... but that is sooooo relevant.

matty7 Wrote:i wish the USA had gun laws like here in great britain . . .

Sadly, that wouldn't necessarily solve the problem as we've had similar tragedies over here. Thomas Hamilton in Dunblane, Raoul Moat in Northumbria, Michael Ryan in Hungerford, to name but three.

People who want guns will always find a way of getting them.

My heart goes out to all who are suffering. Cry

God!!! Rage!!!!

Watching the news now going on about the shooter playing lots of online videogames, likes it's relevant.

As horrible as it is I can't say I am shocked. It's never a matter of if when there are things like guns available, it is always a matter of when and where.

Australia's gun laws are a lot tighter than the USA yet the Port Arthur massacre of 1996 took 35 lives by a single shooter, that the 5th largest tally by a single person in history. The Virgina shootings of 2007 had a tally of 32.

I hate guns, but the old saying stands true...guns don't kill people, people kill people...the only solution is to take humans out of the equation.

monk Wrote:Sadly, that wouldn't necessarily solve the problem as we've had similar tragedies over here. Thomas Hamilton in Dunblane, Raoul Moat in Northumbria, Michael Ryan in Hungerford, to name but three.

People who want guns will always find a way of getting them.

My heart goes out to all who are suffering. Cry

With regard to Raoul Moat that was more directed to the police and the details in that case are ambiguous. In no way do I support his actions but I do believe he has harassed by the police to a degree that some may consider stalkerish behaviour and that's what made him snap because he thought he was losing his business etc. Also his ex girlfriend who he shot was also a nasty piece of work as she lives in the area near me. But with regard to this tragedy in the U.S it's really awful.