Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome friends wanted!
hello Confusedmile:

Welcome to the forum! Smile Friend right here if ya wanna talk xD

Nick9 Wrote:Oh, I didn't think about it this way. :biggrin: Maybe I'll keep him, and you can keep Saudi Arabia together with all petrol :tongue:

Darn, didn't I sell you on Saudi? No taxes as well and a ridiculously low interest rate? Tongue

hmmm, tempting :biggrin:

How much is the life in Saudi different from the life in your country?

Well, what I miss the most is freedom, to go out on a date with a guy, going to the movies with friends etc.

Saudi is an alcohol free country, so no bars or clubs.
Also no cinemas, as they feel they can't trust people in the dark.
The language battier is also a major factor here, a lot of the people can't speak English.

Also, I do not like the heat... but here I am Tongue

I guess I need to work on my prejudice. I thought, your country was pretty hot too. Smile And about going out, again - rumor has it that South Africa in not very safe. Am I completely wrong?

Interesting reason about the cinema...

Haha, A city South Africa is just as unsafe as London or New York, there are certain areas you stay out of and certain things you don't do. In my 22 years spent in SA I was never mugged, raped, hi-jacked or killed (apparently Tongue)

And South Africa's heat doesn't even com close to Saudi, where you open your door and the heat literally takes your breath away Tongue

Smile But the heat is dry, isn't it? See, how hard I am trying to stay positive? :biggrin:
Or is the air full of smog in the city? With the petrol being almost free of charge? Wink
Have you had a chance to travel around a bit? Sightseeing? Or is it difficult/not recommended? I really have no idea.
What is food like in Saudi Arabia? Smile
Details, pleeease :biggrin:

Unfortunately it gets up to 100% humid! Thankg goodness for cooling in the house, car and shops Tongue

I thought we were allowed to travel freely, so I went with my parents, driving up the coast and doing some sight seeing when an army guy stopped us and told us we were in a prohibited area, too close to Iran apparently Tongue

Other than that I've been to the capital a couple of times and before my wheel chair to a couple of old forts, which were pretty cool Smile

Tried to add a link to some images, but don't have the requierd amount of posts yet Tongue

Don't care much for Arab food, but with the big amount of expats we have a great variety, including all the Asian cuisines, which I love!

You are making it harder for me to come up with any positives :biggrin: I thought with the desert, the air must be dry. Next time you'll tell me there is no desert :biggrin: Really man, don't do that Big Grin

How old were the forts? I can google the names, perhaps? I remember Masada in Israel. Eerie atmosphere. Moving history. And scorching hot Big Grin
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsou...sada1.html