Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC2: The Hollow Crown
Filming has started on BBC2's second Shakespeare series, The Hollow Crown: The War (sic) of the Roses.

It stars Benedict Cumberbatch, as Richard III, and Judi Dench, as Cecily, Duchess of York. Hugh Bonneville, known for playing Robert, Earl of Grantham in Downton Abbey, will star as Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester in Henry VI Part 1, with Oscar-nominee Sally Hawkins as his wife.

I don't like Benedict Cumberbatch as an actor but apparently women find him attractive. I will probably give it a look when it is screened but with him in the lead I don't think it's going to be to my liking.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I didn't care for Cumberbatch as Holmes so am forced to give him another try. Have followed the Leicester developments on Richard III and done some reading on the Wars so my interest is piqued in that sense.

I am not familiar with Benedict but I adore Judi Dench and will often watch something because she is in because she is in it...

I will probably watch it. It looks promising.

Has anyone seen the first season of The Hollow Crown, interpreting the earlier plays, before RIII?

How was the production? I just ordered the DVDs thru Netflix but they have to work up thru the queue. I'm not sure if BBC America carried the series.

palbert Wrote:Has anyone seen the first season of The Hollow Crown, interpreting the earlier plays, before RIII?

How was the production? I just ordered the DVDs thru Netflix but they have to work up thru the queue. I'm not sure if BBC America carried the series.

Yes. They were of a uniformly high standard.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Cool. I watched a recent remake of Richard III with Ian Mckellan as Richard III. It was very good.