Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad habbit?
I have a habbit of trying to play the part of matchamker for my friends a lot of the time
Is this a bad habbit?
I think It is sometimes, but I have managed to set up one or two good relationships before, so not always...
I'd like other peoples opinions on if it a bad habit or not, and what I could do to make it into a good one if it is a bad one

Three is a crowd. Cupid = stupid, ha ha. Dog

Will: Adam is forever doing that, matchmaking, and ALWAYS getting in trouble. If the couple don't like each other or have a fight, they all get mad at him. The worst was when he fixed up his friend Gina with a guy he didn't know too well, and the guy turned out to be married.
If you want to make sure it works, be very sure that you know both people well and don't oversell one to the other.

(Adam)
Will? Where did you come from? I thought you were sleeping. And stop telling stories about me, I am a WONDERFUL MatchMaker lol
Don't listen top him Joey, MatchMakers ROCK!!!!

XD I only matchmake for the friends I know mosts usually, and then I typically end up drawing blanks.
Though I'm always happy when relationships work well enough and I set them up...
Sometimes I also act as "The messanger of love" and attempt to get a friend of mine with someone I know they like, unless the guy/girl is taken XD
>.> So far, I haven't gotten many failed couples mad at me, just themselves

I could use a matchmaker myself most times XD I have a bad habbit of catching broken people on my tattered line, and it usually doesn't pan out very well

Maybe you genuinely want to see people happy...

Humeinator2 Wrote:I could use a matchmaker myself most times XD I have a bad habbit of catching broken people on my tattered line, and it usually doesn't pan out very well

There is a saying..."We teach what we most need to learn" (which I'm almost cetain is attributable to Richard Bach from his novel Illusions). In other words, it is easier to understand other people's problems than our own. It is difficult to have keep good perspective concerning your own problems because you're too close to see the issues objectively. Keep trying. One foot in front of the other...

Anocxu Wrote:Maybe you genuinely want to see people happy...

I believe that's a fairly dead on assessment Anocxu. I'm not sure relationships are the answer for everyone, but for those of us in one, or for those people who believe they are a key part of being happy, people only want to see their friends be happy.

My take on your habit (one b, not two baby), is that as long as you are not intentionally being malicious and you believe that two people you know may mesh, why not introduce them? Can people really blame you if they don't connect with the person you set them up with? Probably. Still I think the impulse to attempt to help people is generally a good thing. As long as you're thoughtful about it and don't hook a sociopath up with nice boy, I can't see the harm.

Full disclosure: One of my best friends introduced my partner and I, and through good times and bad, 30 years later we're still together. It's probably the exception to the rule, but I'm sure as hell glad she did it.

^^^
You seem to be a very grateful person and you just want others to have what you have ...
I think that's Awesome!

Look, since there are so many here who want to practice their skills, I will gladly volunteer to be matched. Dumb, overweight, 66 years old and ugly seeks bright, happy and sex starved companion for frequent breakfasts and lazy days.
I bid NO Trump!