Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bare knuckle fighting
Bare knuckle fighting was eliminated when boxers put on gloves.

The sternum is the breast bone at the center of your ribcage. Feel it and make sure you know where it is.

Let your arm relax. Fold over the first two joints of your fingers. You will see your 3 knuckles with about another inch of bone from the second joint.

Align these bones straight back to your elbow. Your arm must be completely flat and straight from elbow to the tips of those 3 bones.

If you are being bullied in a school yard, throw a direct punch with your elbow at the other guys sternum.

Practice with a friend. Throw a soft punch at his sternum, he will say "That fucking hurts. Be careful." Practice a few more times and make sure you keep all your bones straight in a row.

If a bully bothers you, ram those 3 bones in his sternum as hard as you can. He will take a dive and be unable to breath. That punch is the reason they banned bare knuckle fighting. Too many guys went to hospitals in severe pain, trying to regain the wind knocked out of them.

I used that punch as a small boy of 10 when I was bullied by a 19 year old. He fell down quickly and needed help getting up. I soon got the reputation as a kid who did not tolerate bullies.

Try it a few times but be careful with friends. It hurts a lot so make sure he tries it on you.

Does wonders for your peace of mind when people call you faggot or sissy.

linky diagram
a lot of that front chest area is softer than anticipated. Once you bruse, dislocated anything in that area it is very painful for a long time. Bottom tip of the sternum is very soft exposed.
-Dosnt take much energy to significantly bruse the lower floating ribs either.
-Fox brand pepper spray if it is not windy and your alone. The stuff can get all over and effect more people than necessary.

be super careful of your fellow man, there are a lot of cameras out there and a new concept for us in n america.

Yeah - jaws should not be a target, you can seriously screw up a finger or knuckle.

Noses work rather well - something about a guy's nose spouting blood like there is no tomorrow makes everything thing you won....

I have hit people in self defense... A necessary evil in this world of bullies and beasts... It is highly recommended that the only time you throw the first punch is when you are seriously threatened, all other times let them throw the first punch, then finish the fight.

Sternum punches tend to be the easiest, as most people in a fight try to protect their face, not their center of gravity.

And if all else fails, a kick to the balls will render a man useless. There is no dishonor in that, especially if they outweigh you/tower over you.

gilhooly Wrote:Try it a few times but be careful with friends. It hurts a lot so make sure he tries it on you.

Does wonders for your peace of mind when people call you faggot or sissy.

You may as well walk away and don't fall into this testosterone chauvinist theater... in one post the very same was saying (in his own way) how important to communicate and in this one just punch the guy calling you sissy boy.

Violence begets violence... yeah I'm on for a good fight for fun... but when you're advising people to horse play with the solar plexus and risk of killing them even if it was just for fun... have your friend end up in jail for involuntarily killing its best buddy. Champion advice I'm quite impressed.

I am a SKF L14 Master (Traditional Shaolin Kung Fu) with 20 years of practice and I also teach self defense in private, although words hurts often more than physical violence... if you have been insulted by words respond by words... if someone jump and want to physically assault you... you are now in position of self-defense then you may use your power punch on the solar plexus... but beware you said it works 57 years ago... that's far... today you'll be smashed by a skateboard before you got time to say Ouch!

What's wrong of being called Sissy, Sissy was one of the most beautiful Empress of all Europe... Being called Sissy boy is an honor LOL

My sister used the three finger ball crusher.

If a guy was bothering her, and she asked nicely for him to stop (one warning is all you get) she would then take her first two fingers and her thumb and grab his nuts with them. She would then have the two fingers under his balls and use the thumb as a crusher.....trying to "pop" his nuts.

I only saw this a couple of times, but it happens really fast, and the guy drops on the ground like a ton of bricks.

Ive never known those guys to ever bother her again.

You get them "where it really counts", and they wont bother you again.
Well, in theory anyway.

Violence begets violence.

Hmmmm. So how do you explain these violent, vicious, homicidal kids?
They just come out of "nowhere" and start stabbing, cutting, shooting, etc.

You have to GET violent to END violence. There is no other way.

Jake Wrote:Violence begets violence... yeah I'm on for a good fight for fun... but when you're advising people to horse play with the solar plexus and risk of killing them even if it was just for fun...

Clearly you were not beaten enough as a child to understand that survival of self trumps the safety of those who would dare to attack first.

Further, yeah their violence started it - bullying another person is violence, even if it is just verbal - but come on, I for one know from way to much experience it never ends with verbal assault. I think Gil made it pretty clear that the this is only for those who 'ask' for it through their actions.

Levey got at least one thing right:

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

No one suggested just walking up to a complete stranger and sucker punch them, this is reserved to destroy your enemy before your enemy destroys you.

It is a harsh, cruel world, and not matter how much people pay lip service to the idea of turning the other check, there are too many who view that as a sign of weakness and they only increase their vicious animal behaviors.

And as anyone at Animal control will tell you, a vicious animal must be put down for the safety of all.

If a punch to the solar plexus kills them, oh well = no big loss since most bullies grow up to be abusers of some other form.

Simply Barbaric...

I agree with Jake, Harrasment warrants Self Defense, but to purposefully and with intent aim to harm, most often severely so, is absolutely disgusting!

If someone were to come to hit me, my instinct is to defend, not brutally engage...

Besides, Jake is correct, Words beget Words, not a fucking Jab to a potentially fatal point of the body...it makes absolutely No logical sense...people want to use the Old Testament "Eye for an Eye", however what does it really solve? Your still missing your Eye and now you're also in the wrong for removing someone else's eye. It's a cycle that achieves nothing...

I don't even care what my opinion looks like to you, I really could care less, so don't even bother trying to dissuade me from it or point out a folly.

This to me is a strong issue and is taken far too lightly, especially now in today's culture, and I just can't take it. Fighting is so disgusting and really a waste of time...

I wish we were a more peaceful race...

Talking to your bully never works. I was bullied in high school, and none of them bent to reason or talk. turning the other cheek was rewarded with toilet twirlies (having your head shoved in a toilet and the toilet flushed - think water boarding), wedges and other humiliating physical torture.

It is incomprehensible to a truly humane person why anyone would get enjoyment out of targeting another for humiliation, terror, or whatever negative thing a bully intends or does do. They are beyond reason, they are animals bereft of human compassion and mercy.

My mother was a typical high school cheer leader, one of the 'in girls' who were also bitches - her husband was a school jock, and even years out of high school he thought it was funny to reminisce about what he did to his fellow classmates. And the discovery of what was happening to me at school was a laughing matter. He blatantly said I deserved what was happening. Mother had her comments not post worthy.

Both of those individuals were sick, twisted soulless creatures- it started off with torturing their fellow school mates and lead to abuse of all sorts of me and other kids.

Talking to them is over their head, they can't comprehend mercy, compassion, self control - its all about the power they want over others. Power corrupts.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Talking to your bully never works. I was bullied in high school, and none of them bent to reason or talk. turning the other cheek was rewarded with toilet twirlies (having your head shoved in a toilet and the toilet flushed - think water boarding), wedges and other humiliating physical torture.

It is incomprehensible to a truly humane person why anyone would get enjoyment out of targeting another for humiliation, terror, or whatever negative thing a bully intends or does do. They are beyond reason, they are animals bereft of human compassion and mercy.

My mother was a typical high school cheer leader, one of the 'in girls' who were also bitches - her husband was a school jock, and even years out of high school he thought it was funny to reminisce about what he did to his fellow classmates. And the discovery of what was happening to me at school was a laughing matter. He blatantly said I deserved what was happening. Mother had her comments not post worthy.

Both of those individuals were sick, twisted soulless creatures- it started off with torturing their fellow school mates and lead to abuse of all sorts of me and other kids.

Talking to them is over their head, they can't comprehend mercy, compassion, self control - its all about the power they want over others. Power corrupts.

And in all of the Wisdom you so obviously and adeptly wield Bowyn, you've overlooked something very obvious...forgiveness.

It's not a sign of weakness, condolence, condoned approval or even cowardice, but is probably the highest form of Strength you can display.

Sure it's easy for me to say this to you, from the outside in is always easiest route of Travel, but it's the Travel from Inside out that will show your true ability to withstand and persevere.

I've been hurt too Bowyn, maybe not in the sames ways and not always Physically, but I've been hurt and while yes, I was upset and even wanted to hurt someone or thing, I could never. Not even my Mother could understand why I never wanted to hit someone...afterall, don't all little boys and even girls sometimes?

I've always known from a young age, that fighting and violence has no meaning.

And when bullied, I didn't try to talk reason into them or hit/insult them back, because I already knew why they did the things they did and it wasn't anything I could do to change them. I've always had a sensitivity to emotions, so I know almost instantly why a bully wants to hurt people and let them release their emotions.

This is not to say I allow them to hit off of me or condone violence, but I allow them the taunts and mockery, because I know and I actually feel sorry for them.

It sounds like a bunch of Bullshit and of Men, it is atypical for this to sound like being a "Wuss", but like I said, I already know and know for a fact that I am right, so why perpetuate and inflame already hot and bothered emotions into volatility?

People tend to allow emotions to cloud their judgement and take out emotional pain however they can, unfortunately causing emotional pain in others, and rather than talk about their pain, society has made it so that talking about them is seen as weak, pitiful, and even disgusting, for both sexes.

So because of this, you have bullies and the like.

Sally's Dad could have just vaginally raped her the night prior, but because that's her dad and her Mom is a Alcoholic, she cannot tell anyone she trusts and feels comfortable with, so she takes out her pain and humiliation and anger out by calling John a Fag and throwing slurs at him, while in reality, she's crying out for help and knows John is a good person and if only he could just see her pain she tries so hard to mask, then maybe he could help her.

But when she sees that it only pushes him away, she ultimately shuts down emotionally, goes on to drop out of highschool, get caught up in drugs and prostitution and is given AiDs by a man who promised to take care of her as he slowly indoctinates her into this lifestyle and dies of a self inflicted over-dose, just to stop the pain...Sally was only 25.

So, although it hurts, you have to be strong enough to be able to forgive that person, because they could be really in need of help.

Had John taken the time to pull Sally aside and asked her What was wrong, she would've finally been able to talk about it and be able to move on with her life and possibly become the Doctor she always wanted to be, free from the shame and burden of holding it all in.

I know how much it hurts, trust me, I've been through alot, some of which I've posted on here, but I never let it get to me too much to where I get spiteful, violent and eventually an apathetic person.

I was recently made fun of for weeks by a co-worker...weeks...until I finally asked "Did something happen?" And this stumped her, surprised I wasn't reacting in the way she wanted. Of course she tried to play it off and taunt me more, but at lunch time, where I tend to eat alone (by choice, I just love solitude when I'm eating and concentrating on the cool breeze :p ), she sat down next to me and just let me have it.

Now I could've easily pushed her away, called her names back when she herself was vulnerable, but no, I listened and I advised and most importantly, I forgave.

Now she and I are very close friends.

This is why I do not believe in Violence, it serves no purpose. It is a tool to shelter Emotions and eventually becomes a Prison for them.

Unlock the Cell with the Key of Forgiveness.

(And no, I am not some religious nut job. I am a Spiritual Agnostic, and an Empath, so if it looks/sounds crazy, then oh well. )

:3 Sheep