Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barf
ALOT of things I see on TV make my skin crawl but tonight I saw The Steve Harvey Show and Kathie Lee in a row late night and I want to barf.

I have never seen Harvey and I turn the channel when I see Kathie Lee (or as I call her..Anita Bryant's Nanny) but tonight I forgot to turn and they both made me feel like barfing.....

Anything or anyone on TV that has that effect on you?

(Adam) With apologies to the rest of the world, Modern Family. Please...if Will and I ever start acting like the 2 gay guys with the kid, just shoot us (actually, our kid would probably shoot us first, before you had a chance to...).

The Bill Cunningham Show. I cringe just seeing the commercials. It brings out the worst humanity has to offer. Although it seems a lot of gay guys love it, I hate the entire Real Housewives of...series. There is nothing respectable about being a bunch of shallow, trivial, overbearing, attention-seeking drama queens. It is not funny and it is not entertaining. And I was not at all surprised to find that the short-lived The A-List New York/Dallas was done by the same people. Another disaster of a show. Did anyone really want the world to see those mean-spirited assholes and think that is how gay men are?

AdamAndWill Wrote:(Adam) With apologies to the rest of the world, Modern Family. Please...if Will and I ever start acting like the 2 gay guys with the kid, just shoot us (actually, our kid would probably shoot us first, before you had a chance to...).
You made me giggle. BUNNY

Seriously it's getting to the point where I dislike more things on television than I like. The evening news makes me emotionally ill. Radicalized (I'll admit it here, right wing) news makes me want to both weep and hurt people. When lies endlessly are preached as truth people begin to think of it as the gospel. That makes me want to hurl.

Reality television was fun for about a minute. Years ago. Then I hated it. I'd sooner have a boil implant.

Any of those Real Housewives of... make me shudder. My mother was a real housewife. These women, our ladies of silicone boobs, under wire push ups bras, and stiletto heels make my stomach heave violently. The A-List in any incarnation (there were more seasons than one) was an abomination. HGTV home design shows make me want to reach into the t.v. and slap people into a senseless stupor,

In other countries this show may be different, but in the U.S. Big Brother, IMO, showcases people who are willing to sink to the lowest common denominators (lies, backstabbing, hatefulness) all for the sake of money. Survivor falls into the same category.

Per Stevie: " HGTV home design shows make me want to reach into the t.v. and slap people into a senseless stupor,"

Stevie, they are already there!
I bid NO Trump!

I have to leave the room when my man watches old episodes of Seinfeld or New Adventures of Old Christine. The only character I enjoy on Seinfeld is Julia Louis Dreyfus' and I hate the 2 Christines on old Christine.

I also can't stomach TV news anymore.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

(Adam) ...oh yeah, and the constant theme on the Jerry Springer show where a girl tells a guy who she's previously sucked off that she has a secret...duh, she's a guy! And he recoils in horror..

Will bought some "Jerry beads" at Dollar Tree and keeps asking me what I'm willing to do to earn them, the world if FULL of freaking pervs lol...

I hate most of American television but I liked House when it was on. Now I just watch Korean historical dramas and educational stuff on the Internet. Smile

RE: TV NEWS...I swore off of it little by little...

Started with OJ on 24/7 and Columbine when they shoved the microphone into the grieving parent's faces...

Then there was Bill Clinton's BJ and all of the FAKE OUTRAGE ...

...and 9/11 and disinformation and propaganda and Janet Jackson's Tits.....Jon Benet....

...and Britney Spears and Paris Hilton...UGH .....

I gave up my last cable news...CNN...when they became the missing white women network...holding 24 hour vigils for young blonde girls took it's toll on me...surely there was a missing fat girl...or old lady...or black girl...or Asian girl....

I noticed when I wanted to watch the earthquake coverage they sensationalized everything....I had to turn it off.

AdamAndWill Wrote:(Adam) With apologies to the rest of the world, Modern Family. Please...if Will and I ever start acting like the 2 gay guys with the kid, just shoot us (actually, our kid would probably shoot us first, before you had a chance to...).

LOL...I don't really watch it ever but I have seen it before and didn't really like it

Iceblink Wrote:The Bill Cunningham Show. I cringe just seeing the commercials. It brings out the worst humanity has to offer. Although it seems a lot of gay guys love it, I hate the entire Real Housewives of...series. There is nothing respectable about being a bunch of shallow, trivial, overbearing, attention-seeking drama queens. It is not funny and it is not entertaining. And I was not at all surprised to find that the short-lived The A-List New York/Dallas was done by the same people. Another disaster of a show. Did anyone really want the world to see those mean-spirited assholes and think that is how gay men are?

I have not heard of Bill Cunningham before but The Housewives and Tha A -List makes me clench my asscheecks together

Stevie Wrote:You made me giggle. BUNNY

Seriously it's getting to the point where I dislike more things on television than I like. The evening news makes me emotionally ill. Radicalized (I'll admit it here, right wing) news makes me want to both weep and hurt people. When lies endlessly are preached as truth people begin to think of it as the gospel. That makes me want to hurl.

Reality television was fun for about a minute. Years ago. Then I hated it. I'd sooner have a boil implant.

Any of those Real Housewives of... make me shudder. My mother was a real housewife. These women, our ladies of silicone boobs, under wire push ups bras, and stiletto heels make my stomach heave violently. The A-List in any incarnation (there were more seasons than one) was an abomination. HGTV home design shows make me want to reach into the t.v. and slap people into a senseless stupor,

In other countries this show may be different, but in the U.S. Big Brother, IMO, showcases people who are willing to sink to the lowest common denominators (lies, backstabbing, hatefulness) all for the sake of money. Survivor falls into the same category.

I agree about "that" news. When you go to the Supreme Court for your "right to lie"...O M G Insanity. I hate propaganda and that ship has sailed I am afraid. I could never watch Survivor or Big Brother either. People trying to f*ck each other over....not entertained

LJay Wrote:Per Stevie: " HGTV home design shows make me want to reach into the t.v. and slap people into a senseless stupor,"

Stevie, they are already there!

I have never seen HGTV shows...the promos remind me of Pod People

Bhp91126 Wrote:I have to leave the room when my man watches old episodes of Seinfeld or New Adventures of Old Christine. The only character I enjoy on Seinfeld is Julia Louis Dreyfus' and I hate the 2 Christines on old Christine.

I also can't stomach TV news anymore.

Couldn't stand Seinfeld...never saw Old Christine because I didn't like anyone on Seinfeld. I hate the news as well.

AdamAndWill Wrote:(Adam) ...oh yeah, and the constant theme on the Jerry Springer show where a girl tells a guy who she's previously sucked off that she has a secret...duh, she's a guy! And he recoils in horror..

Will bought some "Jerry beads" at Dollar Tree and keeps asking me what I'm willing to do to earn them, the world if FULL of freaking pervs lol...

Is Jerry Springer still on? I forgot about those trainwrecks. I think Maury Povich was even worse. Who's The Daddy?

Uneunsae Wrote:I hate most of American television but I liked House when it was on. Now I just watch Korean historical dramas and educational stuff on the Internet. Smile

I hate a lot of it ...I have to admit I hated House though. I didn't like the character at all.