Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be kind to your animal friends.....
QueenOdi has declared....

If you see an Animal in distress, please don't ignore it, because what if that was you? Even if you don't like them or respect them, at least show mercy and empathy.

In this world that man has taken over, paved over, and polluted.....we have to be even more responsible and concerned about the animals that also live on this planet.

Food, water, shelter. They deserve these things too. Not to be treated like a target in a shooting gallery.

I try SO hard not to run over animals, but sometimes they can be SOOOOO stupid!!

Squirrels and rabbits are the worst!!!! They will sit there at the side of the road, then as you approach, they start to run away, then as you start to pass them, they turn around and run under your car!!!!!

Ive stopped for several turtles that were crossing the road, picked them up and put them off to the side in the grass.

I stopped to pick up this one HUGE turtle once, that was in the middle of the lane.
I pulled over and went to go pick it up, and as I got to the turtle, this shitbag came speeding down the road and RAN IT OVER! The turtle was in the middle of the lane!!! This dickhead SWERVED his car to run the thing over!! If I had had a gun.......

I stop and pick up dead cats all the time and put them on the side of the road in the grass.

It really, REALLY pisses me off that these douchebags will SPEED UP when they see a cat in the road and try to kill it....but SLAM on their brakes for dogs!!!! Again, if I had had a gun....

I love Animal Planet, but OMG...when I watch those shows where animal control officers have to go remove starved horses, dogs, cats, birds, etc... from peoples homes and properties....I just wanna KILL!!!

Anyway, thats my rant today.

Do as the Queen commands. Help out those creatures who cant help themselves, especially when in dangerous situations. Or at the very least, pick the dead ones up off the road. I keep paper towels and rubber gloves in my truck.

I freed a fox pup from a drain in the road once, it was a friendly little thing too. It's mother wasnt impressed but that was my good deed for that day, thing could've been killed easily.

MisterTinkles Wrote:QueenOdi has declared....

If you see an Animal in distress, please don't ignore it, because what if that was you? Even if you don't like them or respect them, at least show mercy and empathy.

In this world that man has taken over, paved over, and polluted.....we have to be even more responsible and concerned about the animals that also live on this planet.

Food, water, shelter. They deserve these things too. Not to be treated like a target in a shooting gallery.

I try SO hard not to run over animals, but sometimes they can be SOOOOO stupid!!

Squirrels and rabbits are the worst!!!! They will sit there at the side of the road, then as you approach, they start to run away, then as you start to pass them, they turn around and run under your car!!!!!

Ive stopped for several turtles that were crossing the road, picked them up and put them off to the side in the grass.

I stopped to pick up this one HUGE turtle once, that was in the middle of the lane.
I pulled over and went to go pick it up, and as I got to the turtle, this shitbag came speeding down the road and RAN IT OVER! The turtle was in the middle of the lane!!! This dickhead SWERVED his car to run the thing over!! If I had had a gun.......

I stop and pick up dead cats all the time and put them on the side of the road in the grass.

It really, REALLY pisses me off that these douchebags will SPEED UP when they see a cat in the road and try to kill it....but SLAM on their brakes for dogs!!!! Again, if I had had a gun....

I love Animal Planet, but OMG...when I watch those shows where animal control officers have to go remove starved horses, dogs, cats, birds, etc... from peoples homes and properties....I just wanna KILL!!!

Anyway, thats my rant today.

Do as the Queen commands. Help out those creatures who cant help themselves, especially when in dangerous situations. Or at the very least, pick the dead ones up off the road. I keep paper towels and rubber gloves in my truck.

How sweet, obvi you have a crush on me :p, lol jk.

I agree, however odd carrying around rubber gloves and papers towels may look/sound o_O.

Since young, I've always loved animals, and did my online Courses for Veterinary Technology and have had hands on experience at my local Aquarium/Zoo, so the care I have for animals runs deep. Not to mention I'm sensitive to emotions(but let's not go down that road right now :p ), so I really do practice what I preach and hope for people to try and do the right thing in regards to Animals.

Just last Saturday, a co-worker came running in screaming about a Cane Toad(Bufo Marinus) being in the womens bathroom and was threating to set it on fire! I immediately ran to the bathroom, bulldozing bitches like I was a friggin line backer, and picked the poor baby up. He was just entering his Juvenile-Adult life stage, didn't even have Paratoid Glands(Poison glands, filled with Bufo Tennin, class 1 drug in Australia) and yet he would've been killed.

Sure I was called weirdo(mostly in play), but It's what had to be done, especially for the Toad's sake. Locally, we are encouraged to harm these particular toads and never to touch them, cause of warts... Which is a myth, so for me to hold one is odd here.

I just wish more people would be more kind towards animals.

If you keep a pet, keep it well. You see a distressed animal, try to help it. See someone else mistreating an animal, call the authorities and try to prevent/halt further mistreatment until they arrive.

Simple things we can all do.

For the sake of our comrades in this life <3.

As a creature of the wild wood, I always put the needs of animals before the wants of humans....

Well honestly, I often put the needs of animals before the needs of humans... Hmm I don't know what that says about me.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:As a creature of the wild wood, I always put the needs of animals before the wants of humans....

Well honestly, I often put the needs of animals before the needs of humans... Hmm I don't know what that says about me.

It says you are beautiful! And now we haved to get married...but not for real Wink .

Although I agree Animals deserve equal if not more than Humans, after all that we've done to them and have taken from them, I prefer there to be a balance. I am a Spiritual Agnostic Libra with a sensitivity to Emotions, born of mixed races after all :p

Everything about me screams Hippie-NatureBoy <3 and I love it.

Whenever Christians tell me they have superior morals and that I obviously don't have any I recall the prayer meeting at a Catholic church that used to be a couple of blocks from me. For some reason this strictly anti-gay prayer meet in support of Prop 8 passing (at least as I understood it, I wasn't aware of any other significance) was at least the equal of Easter where vehicles are parked for blocks around, and even more than usual there were locals who couldn't get in or out of their driveways due to inconsiderate Catholics.

A cat lady lived closer to them than me. As the anti-gay prayer let out people started to leave and she saw one of her cats had been run over. While taking care of the dead cat in her yard she saw a huge truck that had been idling suddenly squeal out of there and swerve wildly and she ran up to confirm her fears: she'd just lost another of her cats to a morally superior Christian. I bet they never even confessed doing so to their priest, either.

I hope they do find there is a God/dess and Her name is Bastet.

Oh, and interesting enough the church opposed a measure that would come down hard on those trafficking in underage girls from Mexico into America (the church is mostly Hispanic) and their reasons were shown to be baseless but they clinged to them which suggests they, or supporters, may be involved in that sex trade. In any case, they opposed that while supporting Prop 8.

[Image: 542100_3294931606339_1534405848_n.jpg]
i saved this fellow last year in april. found the poor guy alone dying in the heat- abandoned by his folks. i tended to him for about three hours. had to wrap him with a sock full of warm rice waiting for an animal rescue. he's since been saved and grown into a fine sparrow. taken into the forested zone of PA

[quote=QueenOdi]

Just last Saturday, a co-worker came running in screaming about a Cane Toad(Bufo Marinus) being in the womens bathroom and was threating to set it on fire! I immediately ran to the bathroom, bulldozing bitches like I was a friggin line backer, and picked the poor baby up. He was just entering his Juvenile-Adult life stage, didn't even have Paratoid Glands(Poison glands, filled with Bufo Tennin, class 1 drug in Australia) and yet he would've been killed.

Sure I was called weirdo(mostly in play), but It's what had to be done, especially for the Toad's sake. Locally, we are encouraged to harm these particular toads and never to touch them, cause of warts... Which is a myth, so for me to hold one is odd here./QUOTE]

As I understand it, cane toads are taking over by the millions and area menace to the enviroment and the cause of the deaths of other animals that try to eat them. So, are they really worth saving? I agree with many of your sentiments but on this occasion, no.

We must understand that we coexist very intricately with these animals (and plants!). If we continue to destroy them and their habitats, we will inevitably destroy ourselves, as much of our food chain, water, and oxygen we depend on comes from them. That means we will not be here as a race in the next millennium if we do not reach back out to nature.

I feel very passionately about animals and pretty much eat vegan 90% of the time. The direction of our race is one that concerns me greatly. I wish people who do vindictive things to animals could receive the same treatment to understand the pain they cause. Makes me so angry!

LONDONER Wrote:[quote=QueenOdi]

Sure I was called weirdo(mostly in play), but It's what had to be done, especially for the Toad's sake. Locally, we are encouraged to harm these particular toads and never to touch them, cause of warts... Which is a myth, so for me to hold one is odd here./QUOTE]

As I understand it, cane toads are taking over by the millions and area menace to the enviroment and the cause of the deaths of other animals that try to eat them. So, are they really worth saving? I agree with many of your sentiments but on this occasion, no.

Sis, the exact same thing can be said of humans... The very exact same thing.

Does that mean we deserve to be set on fire or rounded up and killed? Perhaps, but is that really what we want our world to be like? Killing things for what they are and do? Ludicris.

Also, In Bermuda, they are not as serious a pest, as we have only domestic animals and only 1 other Anuran(Frog/Toad) which do not compete or even cross paths with each other. The only reason it's seen as a pest, is because dogs try to chew on them, and because they are considered ugly.

And in other countries, not here though, Cane Toads do have natural enemies to counter their numbers, such as certain snakes and birds, so it's not like they'll eventually run the world.

Why did he deserve to die? Because he's a Cane Toad? That's like saying a Black Person should be uneducated, because they are black.

Everything comes into this life as equals and should be treated as such.