Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Bear" preferance in gay culture
...sorry - what? I was reading another thread.

Lex

This seems appropriate:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

East Wrote:I have never really been sure what "bear" means..but..I thought it meant a beefy guy who was hairy once upon a time....

...and apparently...I am wrong....

I am not really sure but from what I gather...it now means if you are fat...you are a bear. I have no idea if there was a transition or if this was always the case......

I am not really sure what a twink is either...it used to be a bad thing if someone called you a twink....

..apparently now a twink is desirable...

The definitions of Cubs, Wolves, Bears, Otters really haven't changed much over the past 25 years.

Today Bear is more inclusive - meaning one doesn't have to have a beard and be huirsuit - slight hairy body and fat is now considered 'bear' territory. Which I think is in reply to the expanding obesity rate in America.

Now we have the more distinctive 'muscle bear' - and that appears to range from muscly-fat to body-builder who has forgotten to wax.

More and more fat guys are labeling themselves as Bears because 'Chub' is derogatory if you think about it.

With a population of over 30% expanding rapidly into obesity and morbid obesity, the LGBT community hasn't left much of a subgroup for them - Chub is kinda derogatory... We need something nicer if we are going to label people.

My only experience of the community is online, but on Chasabl, they use the 'chub' label. For people who are into fat people, the word 'chub' can be quite sexy, I suppose.

Edward Wrote:My taste about bears is a bit different. I love hairy men but they have to be slim. No fat people for me.
I think slim guys with lots of hair are called otter Smile