Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Bear" preferance in gay culture
I have a couple of friends who DJ at bear clubs, and they've said the music they play is a strange amalgam of a couple of genres. The basic core seems to be what you might call "gay hits of the 70s, 80s and 90s". Disco, Madonna, "Silent Morning", "Boom Boom (Let's Go Back to My Room", "Believe". But mixed in to that are more current pop-dance hits (Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift), a bit of 80s new wave, and a little pop-oriented classic rock like Journey. Mind you, I listen to some of this stuff - I have "Silent Morning" and Journey on the iPod - but it's not the bulk of my listening. Smile

Lex

If only someone would call me. Just call me. I'd be happy for them to call me almost anything they wished.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:If only someone would call me. Just call me. I'd be happy for them to call me almost anything they wished.

Hello, Johnathan.

Lexington Wrote:I have a couple of friends who DJ at bear clubs, and they've said the music they play is a strange amalgam of a couple of genres. The basic core seems to be what you might call "gay hits of the 70s, 80s and 90s". Disco, Madonna, "Silent Morning", "Boom Boom (Let's Go Back to My Room", "Believe". But mixed in to that are more current pop-dance hits (Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift), a bit of 80s new wave, and a little pop-oriented classic rock like Journey. Mind you, I listen to some of this stuff - I have "Silent Morning" and Journey on the iPod - but it's not the bulk of my listening. Smile

Lex

Is that not gay party/club music in general? I know that city clubs might be focused more on cutting edge stuff but that stuff seems to be the default.

From the pool party we went to tea dance at the main gay club in town (it was pride in NJ yesterday). They played disco all afternoon/evening. Had fun dancing with friends but increasingly out of my element.

himself Wrote:Hello, Johnathan.

Thanks, himself.

Johnathan is nice. Want my phone number?
I bid NO Trump!

Or you can join me in the hot tub. Or both. Smile

Lex

ShiftyNJ Wrote:What makes one a heifer in your view?
Older gay male with an attitude?
Uh oh!

Lexington Wrote:"Silent Morning", I have "Silent Morning" and Journey on the iPod - but it's not the bulk of my listening. Smile

Ah, "Silent Morning". Time for some trivia about that song.

That song was a big freestyle hit from the late 80s, and (due to a rumor) was big in the gay clubs.

It somehow spread that the song was written about a gay man losing his partner to AIDS, and that the singer (Noel) was gay.

Not true.

The song was originally written as "Spanish Morning" and meant to be about a bullfighter, but Noel thought that most people wouldn't connect with that, so he rewrote the songs to be about a break-up.

Noel still tours with "multi-act" club tours, performing his hits, "Like A Child" and "Silent Morning".

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

LJay Wrote:Thanks, himself.

Johnathan is nice. Want my phone number?
That would be nice, but I am bad at communicating. But I'll 'like' your Facebook statuses.

himself Wrote:That would be nice, but I am bad at communicating. But I'll 'like' your Facebook statuses.

I think I discovered why nobody calls you. Smile

Lex