Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Affleck is the next Batman
I think old Ben is one of those guys who just hasnt gotten a decent break, unlike his buddy Matt Damon.

I think Ben has been doing too much of what he WANTS to do, and not enough of what he is actually GOOD in.

If they were to have picked him 10 years ago, I would have said yes. But now, I dont think so.

I think Hollywood should put unknowns into roles like these. Give some other hard working guy a good starting life as a movie star. Like what Christopher Reeve did for Superman.....give some other unknown guy a chance to make his mark. Stop picking "faces" to play these roles!!! It just pisses people off.

As for MY personal picks.....

Michael Keaton was THE best Batman so far, but he didnt want to get "typecast", so he did not continue the series. Go figure that one out. But he's ok with being "typecast" as Mr. Mom and BeetleJuice!!!!

Val Kilmer was ok as a Keaton replacement, but he also did not want to keep up the series, and got out of his contract. He was supposed to do 3 movies.

The rest were HORRIBLE.

Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, and Ann Hathaway are the ONLY Catwomen for me!!!!!
MEOW!

Remember Afflecks also a director, he could make that break for himself, though I will not watch his film "Argo" where he blatantly lies about the british, still its better than what was done in the film "U-571"

Geminize Wrote:They're CRAZY if they don't bring Val Kilmer back as Batman!

[Image: 754a6e87_fat-val-kilmer.jpg]

What happened to Val Kilmer!? Cry

Matty71 Wrote:What happened to Val Kilmer!? Cry

Cake happened.

tavi Wrote:Cake happened.

Roflmao Wink

Hmm... as long as he does a better job than he did on Daredevil, I'll be fine.

I just hope this whole "sticking Batman into the movie so people don't notice how incredibly boring Superman is" thing works for them... because I can see it making a very vapid movie. Maybe if they put a bit more emphasis on Clark Kent, and Bruce Wayne, it'll work out, but I can very much see them just wanting to make a non-stop-superhero-action-flick snorefest... which doesn't appeal to me. Superman is nothing without Clark in my opinion, you need to see his "human" side in order to care Laugh

And also superman could probably kill batman by flicking him, i dont get the logic of the pairing, one is a guy in a bat suit the other is the man of steel!

I'm not exactly thrilled about it either but let's give the man a chance. Ben Affleck is smart, he knows the film industry like the back of his hand, I'm sure he'll come up with something interesting and original. In fact, he has already achieved his first victory: everyone is talking about the movie and that's good marketing.

I really don't care about that, and I don't think he will be so bad...

Why the heck do they always feel the need to draw main stream celebrities. I don't want Afleck because I'm sure there are a lot of unknowns who would do a great job. More importantly, I won't think it's (insert celebrity name here) every time Bruce Wayne/Batman is on the screen.