Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homophobic Nigerian presidential aide's son comes out as gay
[Image: bolu-okupe.jpg]

Bolu Okupe, the son of a former top Nigerian presidential aide has come out as gay, prompting his vehemently homophobic father to lament the “spiritual challenge” ahead.

In other words, former presidential spokesperson Dr Doyin Okupe won’t be winning any ‘Father of the Year’ awards after he voiced his disapproval of his son, Bolu Okupe, said he’s “gay AF” in a viral Instagram post.

Triumphantly holding an LGBT+ Pride flag behind him, a shirtless Bolu, based in Paris, France, threw on tight rainbow-striped shorts to announce to the world: “Yes, I’m gay AF.”

But the 27-year-old’s father, Doyin, the former special assistant on media and publicity to ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo who dubbed being gay “un-biblical and un-African”,  was unimpressed.

Taking to Twitter, Doyin wrote: “I have been aware of this his new orientation for a while now.

“He knows that as a Christian and a witness for Christ (an evangelist) I am vehemently opposed to homosexuality as it runs contrary to the avowed precepts of my Christian faith.

“For me, I look beyond the surface or the physical. Here I see a major spiritual challenge ahead but I know as my God liveth, this whole saga will end up in Praise to the Almighty Jehova who I serve day and night.”

Bolu Okupe battles homophobes who say he would be a ‘corpse’ if in Kenya
but Bolu suffered stinging criticism from social media users as well as from his own family, with one Instagram user saying that if he were in Kenya he would “be a corpse”.

“Your whole mentality is tragic,” Boyo blasted back. “I feel sorry for you.

“Your religion has turned you into a psychotic imbecile that you think it’s OK to kill people? First, you said to stay in France with your stupidity – sir, who do you think gave Africans Christianity?

“The French and the English pushed the religion on you that you are calling,” he added, reflecting on the haunting legacy of British colonialism, where longstanding penal codes remain as artefacts of England banning homosexuality in the 16th century.

In Nigeria, gay locals spar with the looming threat of 14 years imprisonment and the death penalty, with human rights charity bosses that say homosexuality “is an inch higher” than incest and with police units that brutally molested and tortured them.

The country is, after all, among the most dangerous countries in the world for LGBT+ people.

“You are delusional,” Boyu added. “I hope one day you will educate yourself. If not, I don’t care – you will die ignorant and on the wrong side of history.”
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Quote:“He knows that as a Christian and a witness for Christ (an evangelist) I am vehemently opposed to homosexuality as it runs contrary to the avowed precepts of my Christian faith.

Waaa... Only if Christians were opposed to the rest of the shit they supposedly oppose... I don't mean to sound anti-christian and all but Christians seem to have their heads shoved up FAR up their asses that they can't see the hypocrisy of what they do.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

I'm glad his son is in Paris, and safe, and not in one of those countries where they kill gay people.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 2 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • andy, ChadCoxRox

Love his photo. He's adorable and I hope his bravery comes to bear on the backwards-assed perception of all homophobic government and culture.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • andy