Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Pet Peeve
This question is for those of you in a relationship.

What's your biggest pet peeve about your BF/GF? What gets on your nerve the most? Here's mine:

I'll be watching something on TV, and Darin pops in, watches one scene, and asks some question about what's going on that requires that I explain 9 other plot points. He's got no frame of reference, and yet he asks these mundane, irrelevant questions. He's like a child who wanders into theater in the middle of movie and wants to know what's going on! Ugh! Drives me mad! Lol

I don't have to be in a relationship to know that that's one of my pet peeves. I had a room mate last year who's exactly as you described. I was watching Modern Family,and he kept asking me why this or that is funny,to the point I just stop replying to him,lol.

My response when my ex used to do that was "well I guess you should have been here when it started" or "I dvr'd it and you can watch it after I'm done". Some may say that's rude but oh well!!

I would love to give you a relationship pet peeve but its been so long since I've been in a relationship I can't remember any.

Darin also refuses to put new rolls of TP on the roller. He just balances the new roll on top of the old cardboard tube. >Sad

swalter Wrote:This question is for those of you in a relationship.

What's your biggest pet peeve about your BF/GF? What gets on your nerve the most? Here's mine:

I'll be watching something on TV, and Darin pops in, watches one scene, and asks some question about what's going on that requires that I explain 9 other plot points. He's got no frame of reference, and yet he asks these mundane, irrelevant questions. He's like a child who wanders into theater in the middle of movie and wants to know what's going on! Ugh! Drives me mad! Lol
I'm not in a relationship but in this case I go for: "Be quiet, watch it and I'll explain to you everything later." XD

There are so many things that my husband does which gets on my nerves. Here are a couple:

1. I'll be watching a show on TV and he'll ask me to help him with a problem on the computer.

2. He never cleans his bathroom.

3. He drives like a maniac.

4. When cooking,,, he manages to get everything in the kitchen dirty. Counter tops, Walls, Floor, sink, cabinets,,, etc. everything except the ceiling!!!!

5. He buys artwork that we don't have room to display in the house. This stuff gets relegated to a spare bedroom where it just sets and collects dust. The bedroom is unusable because this "stuff" takes up all the space.

6. He always carries a comb,,, but never uses it!!!!!! I have to remind him that his hair looks like a hurricane hit it.

I'll stop at 6,,,,, if I continue writing down all the things he does that irritates me,,,, I'll get mad and end up chasing him around the house with a frying pan in my hand.

Long Term Relationships are not always perfect, "Happy Ever After" dreams we imagine them to be.
We Have Elvis !!

Been with my SO for 10 years, here's the list (And yes he does know these irritate me!)

1. Wont hang his towel on the radiator after a shower
2. Refuses to wear his seatbelt when in a car (as PAX or Driver)
3. Always leaves the toilet roll with 1/2 sheets and doesn't replace it
4. Channel hops on the TV as soon as a commercial starts
5. Doesn't empty his ashtray even when its overflowing
6. Drives like the devil is after him

Just as well I love him Rofl
ObW
X

But surely, some of those would be easily changeable...? ObW?

swalter Wrote:This question is for those of you in a relationship.

Does he know that's how you feel? He probably thinks he's being sociable... when in fact you'd rather he sat with you from the start of the show, or didn't sit with you at all.