Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Block him or not.
Hello everyone, i've been lurking on the forums for some time but this is my first time actually starting a thread.

I have a friend on facebook we meets on a forum about a japanese singer some years ago but we really didn't talk much, he's from another state, recently, (3 months ago) we began talking more, all casual but a little flirty, I find him really attractive, but with the distance and all it never went beyond that, the thing is 2 weeks ago he began a relationship with another boy and they are the kind of people who bombard each other with loving ost etc.

I'm not in love with him, I don't even really like him, I don't think of him at all unless I see him on facebook, the issue is, reading his lovey dovey messages annoys me, it shouldn't but I think I'm proyecting my wishes on him, so to end it all I think I should block him, on the other hand I don't want to appear like a jerk, he doesn't know anything about this, I just been talking to him normally, but at the same time I don't really want to be annoyed by this ghost feelings anymore when a status appear on my timeline about how much they love each other, And no, I'm not a stalker I have not even checked his boyfriend facebook at all.

From what I read is that you want to be loved like your friend and his boyfriend. By all means block him, but if you block him he may think he's done something to upset you.
An eye for an eye

If you still care to be his friend,don't block him. If you find his lovey dovey posts as annoying,you could set such that his posts won't appear on your news feed.

Sometimes some of my friends or relatives post annoying things periodically,so I do this. That way I don't have to block/unfriend them and I won't get annoyed~ I only block people that I really dislike and want to have nothing to do with their life. So,there.

I rarely check my Facebook page - but when I do there is some idiot posting something that annoys me in some small way. I have learned to read and move on and forget nearly instantly what the idiots have to say.

Friend on Facebook..

No this is not a 'friend' this is an acquaintance. I hate the 21st century, the line between Acquaintance and Friend has been blurred to the point where nearly everyone seems to believe they actually have hundreds of friends.

A Friend is a rare, special gift. Used to be society knew and understood this - thus we were on first name basis with our friends and everyone else we called by their honorific and their surname (Mr. ________ Miss. ____________ Mrs.___________)

Look you don't even like this fellow - why on earth do you keep him on your contact list or on your Facebook Page?

Why is this such a problem for you to figure out that you can ignore him, block him or 'un-friend' him.

Of course you live in a world where your only option is to like a thing - hell no one is allowed to hate, loath, dislike, or for that matter be indifferent to a thing. We only get the option to like - or unlike....

mamza Wrote:If you still care to be his friend,don't block him. If you find his lovey dovey posts as annoying,you could set such that his posts won't appear on your news feed.

Sometimes some of my friends or relatives post annoying things periodically,so I do this. That way I don't have to block/unfriend them and I won't get annoyed~ I only block people that I really dislike and want to have nothing to do with their life. So,there.

Exactly. I think it's called "unsubscribing" (maybe).

I "friended" this one woman, an acquaintance of mine, who fancies herself a poet. Truth is, she's a really BAD poet. And she posts her crap on FB everyday. Well, I also didn't want her to know I hated reading her crap, but instead of unfriending her, I just "unsubscribed".

She can read my stuff. And if I click on her stuff I can read it. But I don't.

Good luck.
Smile

Thank you for your advices at the expense of being called noob I didn't knew such feature existed, so while I was a little hesitant about posting this I'm glad I did it at the end.

Dear Boewyn Aerrow, most likely I didn't explain myself well, when I wrote I didn't really like him, I was implying it as a lover, as a friend or acquaintance he's funny and a nice guy.

LateBloomer Wrote:Exactly. I think it's called "unsubscribing" (maybe).

That is if you subscribe to his post to begin with.

If you didn't,then open his facebook page,point your mouse at the friend tab,and a list of options will appear,then untick "show in news feed",voila~ Cool

mamza Wrote:That is if you subscribe to his post to begin with.

If you didn't,then open his facebook page,point your mouse at the friend tab,and a list of options will appear,then untick "show in news feed",voila~ Cool

Yup! That's the one. Thanks.

Just an opinion, sounds like you're hung up on him a bit.

Richard

Probably nobody cares, but I got over my fake feelings, I think I was probably down or something, I was talking with my friend last night and he uploaded some photos of them together, and I realized it didn't stirr anything in me anyore, I feel quite relieved and was able to tell him from the heart they make a cute couple, I feel so happy.