Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
I realize this is a bit late in the game, but ten days from now (for United States), Boards of Canada will release their first full-length album since 2005, titled "Tomorrow's Harvest". The track titles suggest a post-humanity theme, and the release of the single "Reach for the Dead" indicates a darker turn than their previous album showcased.

Here's the official video of the single:

And since I'm a fanboy geek, and I love the work these guys do, PLEASE purchase any copy of the album you intend to own.

That was great, thank you, at first i thought it was a really long intro :-) i didnt know this band, i,ll look out for there stuff, oh i still do it the outdated way of buying a cd in a store lol do you recommend any album? loved the vid.

partisan Wrote:That was great, thank you, at first i thought it was a really long intro :-) i didnt know this band, i,ll look out for there stuff, oh i still do it the outdated way of buying a cd in a store lol do you recommend any album? loved the vid.

All of their three previous releases have something different to offer.

Music Has The Right To Children was very influential in Hip-Hop and Electronic for it's time, though now it sounds a little dated, and the composition of the pieces was more raw when compared with their following releases.

Geogaddi is intense. Dark, dense, claustrophobic, and intense. Not an album to listen to if you like recreational hallucinogens, but featured more focus on the composition as a whole.

The Campfire Headphase featured complex, melodic guitar work, and was leaps and bounds less dark than it's predecessor. Again, the focus on composition evolved, and BoC started incorporating more of the Shoegaze style, with a wash of sound and ambience.

BumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBump

Also, this:
DJFood's 10-min mix of RFTD

Cool! Music has the right to children is awesome!

So, I just finished listening to Tomorrow's Harvest, and my initial reaction is that the album as a whole contains more cinematic elements than they've used before.

It's getting great reviews and stuff. Haven't listened to it yet but working on it.

The more I listen to it, the less I want to see people when I'm listening to it...it's broad scope of sound, the trudging pull and feel of survival...perfect soundtrack for a zombie apocalypse film.

Also: Palace Posy>Soapy Place>Leos Papacy>Apocalypse :biggrin: