Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body issues
I am a bigger guy. Not obese, but stocky. This guy I'm talking to now, has more of a twink type body. Very thin and tall.

I feel like shrek haha, it sucks. I've always had a complex on being a little bigger, but I want to overcome it!! My question to you guys is...HOW??!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Exercise and diet. Start heavy weightlifting (compound lifts are king) to permanently boost your metabolism, and reduce your caloric intake to 1300 Cal a day to shed weight like crazy.

As a side-effect, you'll become a jacked stud in the process. I'm half-way there, myself.

The question you should be asking yourself is why do you have a complex about your body and what would make you feel less self conscious about your body. From there you can set goals on how to be less self conscious.

That could be anything from accepting your body type to going to the gym to tone up.

Reality is you are going to get a lot of great answers and advice from all of us, but the best advice and answers can only be found by you after you figure out what it is your really want and then set yourself some goals Wink

Try going to the gym and eating healthier, or at least lessen the amounts of junk foods from you diet. Eating more protein and fiber would help you shed pounds, and fiber fills you up so you dont eat as much.

Ashtanga Yoga helps tone your entire body especially the upper body, core, and arms. Running/Jogging for you lower body workout cardio to increase metabolism.

I agree with dfiant, do a little soul searching, and set some realistic goals whether it's exercise, healthier eating habits or some combination of both. Maybe toning up is all you need to give you that shot of confidence.

The thing is, some times we look in the mirror and see all the negatives but that other person looks at us and sees someone very special. So, before you think you are out of someone's league give that person a chance to get to know you. Maybe you are seeing a large frame but that other person is seeing broad shoulders?

Not everyone is attracted to thin, ok? Confusedmile:

Good luck!

I've got to agree with dfiant's wise words. But I will say love is blind so I doubt if your body type is going to turn off anyone who genuinely fancies you?

Coffee

Barger, he's not intimidated by your size, right? By all means he accepts you as who you are. That should be your full stop there.

If he can accept you and see you equally without having a single concern on your physical, you should too.

cloud999 Wrote:Exercise and diet. Start heavy weightlifting to permanently boost your metabolism, and reduce your caloric intake to 1300 Cal a day. As a side-effect ... I'm half-way there, myself.
do you really really want this:
-most of N America is overweight. its difficult to buy healthy foods at a typical supermarket and as you eat less (1300 cal / day) you will need to concentrate on healthy everything. very few Americans are starving to death, they are pig over weight.
-look at some online charts for your height and weight and set some reasonable goals.
-if it works for you talk to your bf. you are doing it for YOU otherwise your wasting YOUR and HIS time
-for a few days write down what you eat, later look up the calories, get an idea how many calories per day you are doing now. you will only loose weight if you do less than say 1800 calories per day.
-go through your kitchen and toss foods that are bad. stop all alcohol, none diet soda, regular milk, bread. buy baking potatoes (asian markets), whey protein (on-gold brand is a good one), lemon crystal lite, supplements (fitness lab vitamin packs), you will need some fats Avocados, stuff for balsamic vinegar on salads, soy milk (silk-plain is good).
-weigh your self the same time every day, with the same clothing. keep in mind the weight scale is like 10-3% accurate so look for a trend not a actual number.

at some point your weight loss will slow down. your body will shut down. take another look at your calorie intake and what you are eating (must have some fats, carbs enough protein for your height weight). healthy food is important because your not eating a lot. cut back more, adj what you eat, start going to the gym.

-if the main goal is weight loss stop eating. if your goal is to gain strength start a slight weight gain situation, you cant gain muscle mass on a diet.
-go to the gym first off and do lite cardio stuff, yoga. 3-4 times a week for an hour.

good luck
you have to really really want it. it is difficult. after doing this and success, your personal attitudes might change good and bad. Mushyits not so important how you look on the outside but what is going on in your head

pellaz Wrote:do you really really want this:
Yeah, I do. It feels godly to lift 300+ lbs in the gym, having pumped biceps and built shoulders/chest makes you look great in shirts, and compound lifts enable me to easily move heavy furniture or do yardwork without destroying my back/getting hernias.

pellaz Wrote:-most of N America is overweight. its difficult to buy healthy foods at a typical supermarket and as you eat less (1300 cal / day) you will need to concentrate on healthy everything. very few Americans are starving to death, they are pig over weight.
I don't know where you live, but you can easily buy the raw ingredients necessary for health at your average supermarket here in the American Midwest. Personally, I have access to an organic Italian market across the street from my flat...and Whole Foods a short drive away.

If you shop for nutrition, not price/taste, it's not only possible, it's easy! You say you can't afford organic raw foods? Then you need to change priorities, because food is the cheapest way to ensure your long-term health...or get diabetes.

pellaz Wrote:-look at some online charts for your height and weight and set some reasonable goals.
-if it works for you talk to your bf. you are doing it for YOU otherwise your wasting YOUR and HIS time /QUOTE]
Nobody can nag you into heavy deadlifting. It's too physically difficult to perform without serious intrinsic motivation.

[quote=pellaz]-for a few days write down what you eat, later look up the calories, get an idea how many calories per day you are doing now. you will only loose weight if you do less than say 1800 calories per day.
-go through your kitchen and toss foods that are bad. stop all alcohol, none diet soda, regular milk, bread. buy baking potatoes (asian markets), whey protein (on-gold brand is a good one), lemon crystal lite, supplements (fitness lab vitamin packs), you will need some fats Avocados, stuff for balsamic vinegar on salads, soy milk (silk-plain is good).
-weigh your self the same time every day, with the same clothing. keep in mind the weight scale is like 10-3% accurate so look for a trend not a actual number.
Sound advice...but I would add whole milk to the things you *should* drink. The protein and fat in whole milk is animal-source, thus complete, and quickly provides the nutrition you need to recover from a heavy workout.

I'd rather drink whole-milk than a powdered recovery shake any day.

pellaz Wrote:at some point your weight loss will slow down. your body will shut down. take another look at your calorie intake and what you are eating (must have some fats, carbs enough protein for your height weight). healthy food is important because your not eating a lot. cut back more, adj what you eat, start going to the gym.
If you continue to lift heavy, despite feeling weak from eating less, you won't plateau and your weight will continue to drop. But you better be ready to nearly black-out after each time at the gym.

If you make it to this stage, you may become a lifelong health-nut...a gym addict.

[quote=cloud999]Yeah, I do. It feels godly to lift 300+ lbs in the gym, having pumped biceps and built shoulders/chest makes you look great in shirts, and compound lifts enable me to easily move heavy furniture or do yardwork without destroying my back/getting hernias.
[QUOTE

If I lifted that weight I would be visiting the Emergency department of my local hospital..!

Invasion