Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bored, so here's an idea I've been fiddling with... The Universe, "big Bang" and...
The Universe is a song sung by a deaf man.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Our Milky Way is a black hole????
First I've heard of this!

Of course I am not so brain dead as to not know about "ripple effects" or that other objects in space have significant to minor effects on other objects.

Expansion is a logical probability. Movement creates another form of some kind.
Constant movement creates an effect of some kind. Erosion is a basic form of this, which I have seen with my own eyes, so I can say I know this as fact.

Is our solar system expanding? Well, just knowing the basics of gravity, and of weighted objects, I would say that it would be weird if it wasnt expanding at some rate....however slow it may be. Hell, my waistline has been slowly expanding since I graduated High School!!! LOL

In the center of the Milky Way is a Supermassive Black hole. It holds the galaxy together. It will never really do anything to us, since the Earth will be long gone by the time our solar system (or what's left of it) gets anywhere close to the center.

The expansion is the universe itself. All the galaxies observed are moving away from a perceived point where the "Big Bang" happened. The force of the bang would have begun the expansion, but the rate of expansion would have been a constant, neither speeding up or slowing down. Its apparently been observed that the rate of expansion is actually increasing, which is a question that hasn't been properly answered yet.

I dont know specific video links Sad I read a lot of science articles and whatnot as well as watch videos and read a few books on the subjects. The Universe is a fascinating place, so I'm always finding out new things from multiple sources.

PS - Michio Kaku, Brian Cox are great sources of information on the subject, but by just looking around on the internet you can find a lot of information. Just always be mindful of the sites sources Smile

Oh please, with my title of Doctor (Doctorate of Ministry) I can tell you that the universe is only 6000 years old and created when God said 'Let there be light'.

Black-holes are clearly the dominion of Satan. Repent of your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and but satanic/scientific things behind you or you will burn in hell forever!

Not too likely, all things considered

MisterTinkles Wrote:Our Milky Way is a black hole????
First I've heard of this!

There is a black hole in the center of many galaxies, ours included...yikes

Please read Einstein's "Theory of reliativity" again, gravity doesn't pull, it pushes as an outside force coming in holding mass to the ground, in the case of planets, suns, etc. We are held on the planet by force coming down, not force pulling down, which is why my back probably hurts, hehe, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Actually, you're kinda right there Master James

gravity is a force bewteen 2 bodies....there's even gravitational force bewteen 2 folks because of the sapce-time deformation bewteen the 2...but obviously it takes for large masses for it to have an effect, so we say larger objects will "pull" smaller objects into their own deformation area...Confusedmile:

southbiochem Wrote:Actually, you're kinda right there Master James

gravity is a force bewteen 2 bodies....there's even gravitational force bewteen 2 folks because of the sapce-time deformation bewteen the 2...but obviously it takes for large masses for it to have an effect, so we say larger objects will "pull" smaller objects into their own deformation area...Confusedmile:

Aww - that sounds like love...Xyxthumbs

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Aww - that sounds like love...Xyxthumbs
What are you trying to say BA, is it that the cosmic wind is pushing us together or that we both like to read, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

No I'm saying that love is like gravity, irresistible and once it happens there is nothing one can do to stop it.

But I like what you said as well. Xyxthumbs