Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy in striped pyjamas
I love that movie , I cried my eyes out in it.

The good German is a good one too.

Boy in striped pyjamas is a good piece of fiction, however, I'm afraid that would never have happened to a camp commander's son. I studied the 'Holocaust' at university even meeting survivors and had to go through whole documents of that god awful period in human history. You cannot study that subject without getting angry and many a time I was marked down for being angry...

wakeboarder Wrote:when i opened this thread i was expecting something way different. never heard of the movie. might have to check it out

Its a film i would reccommend... Depending upon how emotional you get you might want some tissues too... Its one film that really angered me because ive always beleived that if i am asked a question i respond honestly and in some parts they dont! I can understand why people get angry at some parts of the film... Maybe one day the world will actually learn wars dont solve problems they just make them bigger... Mind you in todays society many countries now are taking to the streets to say war isnt a good option and goverments are having to listen whereas in the 40's everything was about properganda and make beleive fairy tales of how wonderful being a solider was..

Almac Wrote:Boy in striped pyjamas is a good piece of fiction, however, I'm afraid that would never have happened to a camp commander's son. I studied the 'Holocaust' at university even meeting survivors and had to go through whole documents of that god awful period in human history. You cannot study that subject without getting angry and many a time I was marked down for being angry...

I can understand someone getting angry especially if they are having to uncover the truth... I know for many years people in school would blame the germans for the war on the history discussion however even though germany went to war it wasnt germany's fault... Hitler was austrian and somehow got into german politics and then decided to get too greedy... Which may be why he never won... I am however grateful he never won because what would this world be like had he won?

i hv never seen it, thanks for the idea.

[COLOR="Navy"]If anyone wants to watch a really moving film then watch 'Conspiracy (2001' staring Kenneth Branagh as Reinhard Heydrich and Stanley Tucci as Adolf Eichmann. Branagh won an Emmy Award for Best Actor, and Tucci was awarded a Golden Globe for his supporting role as Eichmann.

A secret meeting is held in order to determine the method by which the Nazi government is to implement Adolf Hitler's policy — that the German sphere of influence should be free of Jews, including occupied territories of Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Czechoslovakia and France. As the film opens, various officials from different German agencies arrive and mingle at a lakeside villa in Wannsee, where SS-Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant Colonel) Adolf Eichmann, SS Officer for Jewish Affairs, has meticulously planned the meeting. Brilliant and moving film, just shows what can happen when humans decided to destroy other humans on-mass. [/COLOR]