Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit? That's it!!
LONDONER Wrote:This has to have been the most stupid and truly unconsidered decision ever!

People could say the same if the result was remain, that's all based on the persons perspective.

I think you're being a bit unfair to those who voted out by saying it was "stupid and truly unconsidered", I know people who voted out after they felt let down by the negotiations for if we were to stay within the UK. Comments like this could be taken personally by those who had legitimate reasons for wanting to leave. I've seen people from both side of the fence point scoring with insults and judgements towards each other, this is an attitude which I won't entertain as we need to respect the result of the vote.

There are now echoes throughout the EU that other member countries could follow the steps of the UK, bear in mind that those are countries who's economies weren't as strong as ours and faced higher numbers of unemployment. This country has been a boon for the EU as they were able to take advantage of relationships created across the world just because of our standing with other countries.

This is a country with a rich history in showing its resilience and I don't feel that this will stop just because of this referendum. Those who are making noise need to live up to the realisation that this is the result and work together with the leave voters to help create a new identity for this country that benefits all that live within it,

Have been skimming the news to see reactions to this. Of course, Trump has put his foot in his mouth, as usual. I am surprised they let him into Scotland. I suspect that many US citizens really do not understand the EU and how it works.

We shall see, but I have to admit disappointment that the forces of insularity seem to have prevailed.
I bid NO Trump!

Well I was one of the people who voted out and here are my reasons
Democracy
Laws are being made which affect me by people in the EU who I cannot remove from power with my vote. These laws can overrule laws made by the national government who I have voted for. THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY
Mandate for a European Union in the first place
In 1975 the UK voted to join a trading union. No mention was made of it becoming a political union. This was brought in without me having a say in whether I wanted this. Now they have got round to asking me I have told them my answer.
Immigration
People from poorer countries find it very enticing to come to the UK where they can earn several times the wages than they can in their own country. Many of these are unskilled and are not needed by the UK but we can't prevent them coming here and taking jobs that our own unskilled workforce could do. This would get worse when more poor countries join. We are a small country and cannot accommodate an unlimited population.
TTIP
Many people have never heard of this but everyone should read about it as if will affect the majority of countries in the world. Here is a good video which explains it.

. This is an example of big business running the world.

It is a pity that the younger generation didn't have more say in their future as 75% of them voted to stay in but their turnout was only 45% so I guess, generally, they aren't interested.

These are my views, please respect them. If you disagree with them then I will respect your views. Let's not get all childish and call each other stupid just because we have different views. That's what democracy is all about.

whats this them crap. Seriously.

LJay Wrote:Have been skimming the news to see reactions to this. Of course, Trump has put his foot in his mouth, as usual. I am surprised they let him into Scotland. I suspect that many US citizens really do not understand the EU and how it works.

We shall see, but I have to admit disappointment that the forces of insularity seem to have prevailed.

If only people knew what Trump did in Scotland... forcing residents from their homes and as far as I'm concerned stealing land to build his golf course and resort, then like Trump does goes around parading about how great he is and them demonizing the residents. There used to be a documentary on Netflix... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1943873/

Fucking nuts that this guy MIGHT end up being the president...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

]
MikeMercury Wrote:Well I was one of the people who voted out and here are my reasons
Democracy
Laws are being made which affect me by people in the EU who I cannot remove from power with my vote. These laws can overrule laws made by the national government who I have voted for. THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY
Each of the EU member-states national governments nominate a member for the commission, which forms legislation.
In other words, we elect our government who elect a commissioner who formulate EU legislation.
The directly elected European Parliament also vote to confirm the commissioners.

The European Parliament has the final say on passing legislation, and can also amend them on the suggestion of committees which are also formed of directly elected Members of European Parliament.,
It's a bit obtuse, but it isn't quite the House of Lords levels of undemocratic-ness. I personally think it should be simplified and reformed. Maybe ditch the commission all together and have the parliament form cabinets and legislate.

Quote:Immigration
People from poorer countries find it very enticing to come to the UK where they can earn several times the wages than they can in their own country. Many of these are unskilled and are not needed by the UK but we can't prevent them coming here and taking jobs that our own unskilled workforce could do. This would get worse when more poor countries join. We are a small country and cannot accommodate an unlimited population.
The population growth Immigration generates is something our country should be able to accommodate with ease(and indeed, smaller poorer countries do), especially as immigrants generate more revenue for the government than native born Brits do.
With that in mind, immigration likely wont be reduced anytime soon, it helps offset the ageing population somewhat.
But indeed, it is extremely unpopular.
Quote:TTIP
Many people have never heard of this but everyone should read about it as if will affect the majority of countries in the world. Here is a good video which explains it.
[YOUTUBE]. This is an example of big business running the world.
The Conservative Party were one of the biggest supporters of TTIP in the EU, refusing to even support amendments to protect our public services. The chances of us agreeing to it now is unfortunately even more likely; probably without any of the amendments the EU has been adding either.

This was one of the reasons I voted Remain.
Quote:It is a pity that the younger generation didn't have more say in their future as 75% of them voted to stay in but their turnout was only 45% so I guess, generally, they aren't interested.

These are my views, please respect them. If you disagree with them then I will respect your views. Let's not get all childish and call each other stupid just because we have different views. That's what democracy is all about.
I'm not exactly sure if you're saying you'd rather not have your views commented on, or if you're merely requesting people to be polite, if it is the former, my apologies. You're under no obligation to respond by any means.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

But [MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION], didn't you say you were planning to vote for him?

I repeat that, no matter what you think of Hillary, a vote for her is a vote against Trump. This one we simply can not afford to toy with.

No surprise here that The Donald did such things in Scotland. He has ME as the first letter of his alphabet.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:But [MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION], didn't you say you were planning to vote for him?

Oh hell to the no lol

That being said I do also think Hillary is a criminal...oh if there were only other people running for president...then again it seems all of our politicians are pigs.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I see your point [MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION]. Thank you for restoring my faith in your judgment.

When it comes down to it I would rather deal with a smart criminal than a stupid bullshitter.
I bid NO Trump!

smarter is more dangerous.