Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit or not?
For you on the British side of things, how do you think the vote will go?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:For you on the British side of things, how do you think the vote will go?

The stock market gained yesterday as did the pound/dollar/euro rate. Bookmakers have increased their odd on Remain winning. In spite of that it's hard to predict. It's going to be a very close call.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I dunno.
The leave campaign employed ugly xenophobia. That's a strategy that never fails to fail at a national level.

But the leave campaign also has simpler arguments that've been clearly communicated.

It's too close to call. But if the worst does happen I'm blaming old hamface Cameron.

I'm expecting a leave vote. Always have.
With more emotionally raw arguments and turnout levels in their favour, it's difficult to see Leave scoring less than 47%.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:I'm expecting a leave vote. Always have.
With more emotionally raw arguments and turnout levels in their favour, it's difficult to see Leave scoring less than 47%.

Oh it'll come down to one or two percent. But i think your pessimism is showing. The majority of the left wing will vote remain by default along with most Scottish, welsh and minority people.

Also. A Pessimist that supports the green party! :O
Gotta say I admire the strength of your convictions.

TigerLover Wrote:I dunno.
The leave campaign employed ugly xenophobia. That's a strategy that never fails to fail at a national level.

But the leave campaign also has simpler arguments that've been clearly communicated.

It's too close to call. But if the worst does happen I'm blaming old hamface Cameron.
I don't know what it was that persuaded most of the country apart from Northern Ireland, Scotland and London to vote out, but it could well be that fear of the other. Britain is becoming too small. So small.

Genersis Wrote:I'm expecting a leave vote. Always have.
It turn,s out you were right. When I heard last night (late) that Basildon had voted out and that it was one of those constituencies that match the outcome, I had greater doubts than ever.