Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britains floods!
Britain is experiencing tremendous flooding and things are going from bad to worse, we haven't the resources and some areas are being prioritised other others, Somerset has been one the worst places hit and the government have been slow to act, its almost a military operation now, though my area is okay it has been raining for a month, rain, rain & more rain…& wind.

Yeah we're holding up well in this part of the country but yeah not looking good for the south or the north west as of tonight!!

Oh....take care guys.

Glad you guys are safe from the worst of it - best of luck to everyone affected

fingers crossed for everyone there!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I can't even fathom a month of rain.
Please stay safe .

This has been going on for hundreds of years. The area known as the Somerset Levels was originally a marshland and it was in the 16th century that people started to drain it to make agricultural land. Now the consequences are being felt. These links gives only a small idea of the devastation that it being wreaked on the UK at the moment:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/8368999.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/content/im...ry.shtml?1
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Oh you guys got ships, commandos and helicopters, plus a strong economy and arent exposed to snakes and dengue mosquitoes, you will be fine, you might even have fun Big Grin

partis Wrote:Britain is experiencing tremendous flooding and things are going from bad to worse, we haven't the resources and some areas are being prioritised other others, Somerset has been one the worst places hit and the government have been slow to act, its almost a military operation now, though my area is okay it has been raining for a month, rain, rain & more rain…& wind.

Is this related to the Arctic Oscillation which has caused below average temperatures in much of North America?