Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Busted on cloud nine...........
Things arent going to well today. I got busted by my family this afternoon huffing propane. My younger brother walked in on me in my bedroom and I was on cloud nine. We had a conversation I dont even remember having and he promptly left in disgust. I went for a walk after that. I came back three hours later and hopped online. My brothers came knocking on my bedroom door. They had a mini intervention and confronted me about my inhalant abuse. They confiscated all my huffing paraphernalia. They threatened to tell my mother. They also asked what was bothering me and what was wrong. They stressed that they love me and dont want any thing to happen to me. My older brother insisted I tell him what is bothering me. I felt like I was being put on the spot so i froze up. He eventually left but said we needed to talk soon. I dont know what to do anymore.........

Right. That's not good. But what's wrong with huffing propane?
What would you like to do? Tell them about what's bothering you or try and work it out alone or...? And...what is it that's not okay? Maybe we could help too. If you shared a little more then maybe.. :]

Maybe open up to them dont get envoled in solvent abuse you got one life do u really want to turn yourself into a cabbage because your doing that on that shit and you will end up braindead talk to them and tell em to dispose of it for u

i say open up to your siblings about whats going on cause i feel more comfortable talking to my siblings and not my mom so go for it

Sounds like you have brothers that really care about you. You're a lucky guy. Try to hear them out, as it sounds like they only want what's best for you.

Substance abuse, addictions, whatever, no easy solution if you consider these a problem. I'm guessing you use this substance because it is cheap, readily available and you knew somebody who used it. My thoughts would be that it's best not to use this stuff-replace the substance you may be obsessed about with a person/s might help. I wish you all the best and you are able to see your family cares for you. But what the hell would I know, I prefer bareback sex and am I any better than you?

Thank you for all the responses. I know my family loves me and abusing inhalants isnt the answer to my problems. The only reason my brothers made such a big fuss was because they love me so much and dont want to see something happen to me. I have a history of inhalant abuse dating back to the mid 1990s when I was a teenager. I eventually stopped huffing on a regular basis after I graduated highschool due to the risk invovled. I relapsed this past week and was caught yesterday by my 24 yearold brother.
I suffer from extreme social phobia and I am very lonely as a result. I have done every drug under the sun trying to kill the pain I feel and fill this hole I have inside. Self medicating has numbed the pain but hasnt fixed the root of the problem. I have quit all the drugs due to the various negative side effects that come with each one. I have no more vices left (except sugar and food). I need to look into getting counseling and meds. I need to do something. I am miserable and I hate living like this. My social phobia controls every single thing I do. I almost killed myself last summer because I was so lonely and depressed.