Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPAC & the alt-right
I'm a little late with this, but I think it's worth a mention.

It's no surprise that a loose cannon like Milo was finally sent packing as according to conservatives "he was never one of us." But ACU leader Dan Schneider took it one step further at the Conservative Political Action Conference last week:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/...trump.html

(I have no doubt Milo will resurface in one slimy form or another.)

Yeah I agree he'll always be back.
Because that man is a human train wreck, people can't help but pay attention to him.

Left wing fascists.

Huh?
I bid NO Trump!

TigerLover Wrote:Yeah I agree he'll always be back.
Because that man is a human train wreck, people can't help but pay attention to him.

He's a one-trick phony whose penchant for attention-seeking shock-nonsense came back to bite him in the ass. I find that very easy to ignore.

LJay Wrote:Left wing fascists.

Huh?

That's what the man said.

Seems we are looking at the "It doesn't matter what name you call them, just call them a name." school of rhetoric.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Seems we are looking at the "It doesn't matter what name you call them, just call them a name." school of rhetoric.

Hmm. I think there’s a lot more going on here. Looks to me like a calculated effort by establishment conservatives to distance themselves from the more extremist proponents of the alternative right without alienating the entire movement, which by all accounts is an informal term that encompasses a wide range of individuals and groups with overlapping interests.

By claiming the term alt-right has been "hijacked" and reserving contempt for “a sinister organization…” (exactly what the movement in part or sum is not) “… that is trying to worm its way into our ranks” also helps to justify Steve Bannon’s presence by softening his quote about the Brietbart being the platform for the alt-right.

I don’t think anyone but the chorus is really buying any it, for what it’s worth.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...right.html