Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caitlyn Jenner Halloween Costume
The Caitlyn Jenner Halloween Costume

Liz Black Aug 27, 2015 10:35 AM

Update: And, of course, it only gets worse: Anytimcostumes.com is stocking a wig labeled “Unisex Miss-ter Olympic Wig” that's supposed to be a parody of Caitlyn Jenner's hair. Reads the description: “Be an advocate for the liberal agenda in this Unisex Miss-ter Olympic Wig! If you can’t identify as a male, throw on this brunet wig that offers a modern style and straight cut. Complete your costume by ordering a medal that shows what used to be of the infamous Bruce Jenner.”

Anytimecostumes.com recently posted an update on its Facebook page. It reads: “Our “Call Me Caitlyn” costume has become a hot topic and we want to assure all our fans and customers that it is NOT and will NEVER be our intention to promote or condone discrimination. We carry the costume because we believe in the spirit of Halloween and costume parties and we are equal opportunity satirists — we believe these are the times when people can be irreverent and make a parody of everyone and anyone including themselves.

[Image: cc2.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1]

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/08/92887/...en-costume
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

For that price that costume is really cheaply looking... If Caitlyn doesn't have a problem about it then i hope this kinda goes down.
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

"Infamous"? Maybe because of that show, but her olympic achievements and coming out certainly aren't infamous, they're legend.

CellarDweller Wrote:Anytimecostumes.com recently posted an update on its Facebook page. It reads: “Our “Call Me Caitlyn” costume has become a hot topic and we want to assure all our fans and customers that it is NOT and will NEVER be our intention to promote or condone discrimination. We carry the costume because we believe in the spirit of Halloween and costume parties and we are equal opportunity satirists — we believe these are the times when people can be irreverent and make a parody of everyone and anyone including themselves.

"And the butt load of money we're making has nothing to do with it."

So sad. $80 dollars plus shipping and handling? Really? For a large white bustiere, a large pair of white mini shorts, a cheap banner you could make at home, and a cheap, tacky brunette Jennifer Aniston wig? (Combined price with the insulting wig "upgrade") Well, I guess when Caitlyn went public she had to expect a whole lot of stupid people would crawl out of the septic tank.

Strong people don't put others down. They lift them up and slam them on the ground for maximum damage.

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:For that price that costume is really cheaply looking... If Caitlyn doesn't have a problem about it then i hope this kinda goes down.

I don't think Caitlyn has her say in how this costume is made, nor what it represents in the nation's mind.

princealbertofb Wrote:I don't think Caitlyn has her say in how this costume is made, nor what it represents in the nation's mind.

Oh no, I meant like if she doesn't have a problem about her photo shoot outfit being turned into a humor costume for halloween. I was kinda in a hurry when i wrote this post lol
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

I think the costume is shitty, but honestly I don't see an issue. Caitlyn Jenner is as big of a celebrity as Kim Kardashian. When you "come out" via a magazine cover and directly start a new reality show, what can you really expect?

Caitlyn Who?

this is so sad and note worthy on how americans see and treat the transgender community.

It may be true that, since Caitlyn Jenner has put herself out there so publicly, she should expect things like this. But I think people are using her to make light of transgender people. They claim they're just making fun of that one individual but they're really attacking the whole trans community.