Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cake Decorating
Okay this is sort of an excuse to show off this cheesecake which I am so immensely proud of! but also to discuss cake decorating! (what better topic for a gay forum XP)

[Image: DSC_2009.jpg]

I'll post more later.

Ooh so much ego for me!

More pictures: Just like a flower blossoming from the clouds![Image: DSC_2010.jpg]
This is what it ended up like, after the thin strand of sugar just couldn't support the flower! I put up a tab of caramel both for pretties and to hold the flower up. Eventually I took the flower off its pedestal because I had to transport it. [Image: DSC_2012.jpg]

That looks delicious.... im jelly.

I want that cheesecake now... I don't think this thread will be good for me o:

I make cake, then eat cake.

I like to reserve decorating for other endeavours.

I...eat...your...cheesecake. I eat it up!

I'd add more but the only cakes I can make without mutilating are pancakes. So not much going on decoration-wise. :p

Zennyboy, where are you???

I started using sugar-caramel to make cake pretties when I saw this in a book : [Image: mscupcakes_candied_hazelnut_xl.jpg]

I've always wanted to try glasswork and glassblowing, so I thought sugar crafts would be the next best thing.
(shhh don't tell anyone, I secretly want to be a pastry chef but I really shouldn't since I'm Chinese. Therefore I have to be a lawyer. I mean, I don't want to be the worst Chinese child ever.)

Now I want cheesecake. Looks great, simple, beautiful and delicious.

Wow! Your creations look delicious and beautiful!
Really cool stuff -- thanks for sharing. Confusedmile:

can I haz cake?

Oooooooo GUUURRRRLLLFRIIIIEEEEENNNNDDDD.....

You are barking up my tree now!!!

Ive been a cake decorator for a very long time. Acutally, I was born with flour and sugar in my veins!!!!
I only do it on the side now, or for a friends Bday....there just wasnt enough money in it for me to go into it all the way.

Most of my stuff looks homemade, mainly because I havent worked in a bakery since 1997, and I have a TINY kitchen in my apartment, with NO room to work or have the equipment I need. But people love my cakes anyway.

I focus more on taste and ingrediants than actual looks. Cause if it tastes like heaven, then it will look pretty damn good, regardless.

And I also LOOOVE cheesecake!!!! Mmmm. I made one for a coworkers leaving party, and it turned out gorgeous, had fruit piled on top and everything. Stupid me, forgot to take a picture of it!!!