Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all 25-30 year olds
I was going to post this in the Writer's Corner, but I was afraid no one would see it there.
I'm stuck on something for the book I'm writing, hopefully someone can help me out.

What would two 27 year old guys want to watch on TV? What shows, what types of documentaries? I almost never watch TV so I'm not even sure what's out there. I'm searching for general types of shows, as well as specific shows.

I know that's a vague question, so here's some background:
They live in the PNW of the USA.
GUY A: He works in Healthcare Admin, is into cars, doesn't yet know he's into guys (he will discover this later on). He's a little on the anxious side, a little OCD.

GUY B: He works as a warehouse supervisor/safety manager, is very laid back and easy going, fun to be around.

Thanks

Doctor who
Flash
Arrow
I zombie
Supernatural
New Girl
Mindy Project
Brooklyn nine nine
Once upon a time
Heroes
Avatar last airbender was superb (Korra too)
Bob's burgers

Old shows
Scrubs
That 70s show

Most of the shows I watch. 26 years old

I'm too old but that won't stop me.

They wouldn't watch TV. They would play video games.
I bid NO Trump!

Geez I was hoping to avoid the whole video game thing.... Aren't they guys out there that DONT play video games in this age bracket?

everyone loves the show the big bang theory.

johnny196775 Wrote:everyone loves the show the big bang theory.

True, watched it just now Smile

Tbh, I am not much help. I very rarely watch TV, tonight is just because I am babysitting and I don't have my laptop or PlayStation. Because yes, I play video games more than I watch TV lol.

Most TV just bores me. I like watching Family Guy every now and then. And I watch EastEnders a bit. But that is literally it.

Jettalove Wrote:Geez I was hoping to avoid the whole video game thing.... Aren't they guys out there that DONT play video games in this age bracket?

I don't.

I've found out I'm rather an isolated case in this, I'm afraid.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Jettalove Wrote:Geez I was hoping to avoid the whole video game thing.... Aren't they guys out there that DONT play video games in this age bracket?

Actually many guys don't play video games, and are more into sports than video games. With all the guys I work with, there is only 1 other video game nerd besides me.

Only ones that aren't playing video games are screwing or jerking off at that age. Video games and jerking off can be accomplished simultaneously. It takes a cooperative partner to screw and game at the same time, but I am sure there are some.
I bid NO Trump!

when i was 25-30 i watched shows like Justified and Burn Notice. those are the two most remarkable achievements in this regard in the 21st century. truly, both are works of genius, worthy of the old school praise. i practically re-lived through my childhood and adolescent days, with Burn Notice especially (which was a lot better executed work of art than the A Team, Knight Rider and the like from that time combined). Justified represents a peak in dramatic genius and character development (through till the very end, which was a sell-out) which is entirely unique and original throughout.

but i am in the film-making industry myself. so i pay attention to this more than your average person.

i wouldn't ever sit in front of the TV at the same time every week though. i think that's where you'd be hard-pressed to find an example in your target age bracket. i get the shows after they're finished for the season and watch them in 2-3 days in a row. like watching a really long film, in essence. the greatest shows are worth it. and every single guy my age i've talked with does the same. i don't know any guy who watches these things weekly. although, i'm sure there are some.
''Do I look civilized to you?''